Like A Sister

Like A Sister

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A sister can be your best friend, your confidant and even your therapist. Be grateful for one today. Like A Sister is fresh, original, funny and with such a strong voice, like a great noir novel of the 1920s and 30s sling-shotted into modern-day New York. Think Dashiell Hammett with hip hop and social media. In Lena Scott, Kellye Garrett has created a cynical, loyal and utterly real character – the kind of modern, clued-up woman you’d definitely want on your side. Garrett is a clear front runner in the genre, writing a compulsive crime tale with family at its heart' Emma Bamford, debut author of Deep Water My friends are like sisters to me, I love them all because they understand me, they are my family, my only family, they are the only ones who know the secrets of my soul. I have a friend who is like a sister to me. She’s also my best friend and makes me feel more alive than anyone else. I love her so much and thank God every day that she came into my life.

The most beautiful connection I have with a person is friendship, and that’s how it started with my sister. For some reason, I had a hard time getting into the story. I think I would have benefited from getting to hear the audiobook since I hear the narration was excellent. There is a lot of repetition in the story, phrases repeated over and over again, lots of red herrings, but still the most obvious person ends up being the villain. I knew Lena was angry for a variety of reasons and we get to hear about them more than once but I wasn't always sure which reason it was at any particular moment.Sisters are not necessarily born into our families; they are made by the bonds we create when we’re together.

I know that when I need to vent you are a listening ear, and when I need a laugh you always find the most amazing ways to make me laugh. You’re the funniest person in the world and I just love being by your side! Through the first-person narration we follow along as Lena seems to set everything aside to bluntly deal with whatever is in front of her in the moment even as we know how torn up she is by all of it. Despite the dark circumstances, Lena can also be a very funny narrator at times with sly observations and a dry wit, and there were several laugh-out-loud lines.You know full well as I do the value of sisters’ affections; there is nothing like it in this world.”—Charlotte Bronte Friends are like sisters to me. I love them all, but my sister is close to my heart, she understands me, she holds my hand and she is always there to help me through the hard times. She is the mother I never had, she is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don’t know a better person.”—Oprah Winfrey

A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life.”—Deborah Tannen I really wanted to like this but unfortunately it was something of a miss for me. Like a Sister is a mystery/thriller about a woman trying to uncover what really happened with the death of her estranged half-sister.My sister is a blessing in disguise, as she always has a smile and a word of kindness. I’m so happy that she is my friend, I’m so glad that it’s not just my disguise You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.”—George R.R. Martin You are the sister I never had and the best person I know. Sometimes you can make me angry, sometimes you drive me crazy but most of the time, but, I know you’re amazing. Sister we don’t know what the future holds but we always know we are there for each other.”—Catherine Pulsifer

Like you we have a friend, a close friend who is our sister, and we understand the magic that we share.

The plot has a lot of twists and turns to it, and I was fooled at several points as to where the book was going. None of the red herrings seem like cheats though, and when all is revealed, you realize that even the misdirects mattered. It’s a solid story that plays fair with its clues and ends in a satisfying fashion. My friends are like sisters to me. Yes, my friends are like sisters to me. They are always there to help when I need them. They understand me when I’m in a bad mood. Friend That is Like a Sister Quotes She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling even in the dark.”—Barbara Alpert If I were to describe a best friend in one word, that word would be a sister. I love her so much and we always get along.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop