clover 3674 Amour Crochet Hook Set, 1

clover 3674 Amour Crochet Hook Set, 1

RRP: £37.34
Price: £18.67
£18.67 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Having said that, I know some crocheters who swear by Addi Swings – I’d recommend giving them a go just in case they’re your perfect hook.

There are a few different ways to buy Clover Armour crochet hooks. You can buy them individually and build you collection one by one or you can buy them as a set (at least you can for the smaller sizes up to size J).

POSTAGE CHARGES

You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: That being said, if you’re considering upgrading from a standard plastic or steel hook, these are absolutely worth the investment. The ergonomic handles will save you so much hand and wrist pain in the future. Not to mention, they will both last a very long time. I’ve been using the same Soft Touch hooks for a literal decade, and they show almost no signs of wear.

In fact, you can see in the picture below the only difference between my most used (left) and least used (right) Soft Touch hooks is a very slight fading of the gold shaft. I have had no issues with handles splitting, size markings wearing off, or decrease in smoothness. They’re better for wrist pain as the inline hooks require more movement to get yarn loops on and off them. The taper in tapered hooks means slightly less yarn wrangling because it’s meeting you half way. Will I be switching? Truthfully, I’m not sure yet. There is still much playing to be done, and I encourage you to do the same. Video Review I’m a knife grip crocheter and found it fine to use the Addi Swing but I’m pretty sure a pen grip crocheter would struggle – they look to me like they’re designed for knife grippers.Personally, Clover Crochet Hooks are some of (if not) my favorite crochet hooks that I have used to date! They are lightweight, ergonomic, colorful, affordable and just overall a fantastic set of hooks. I can’t speak to the longevity of the Amour hooks, as I’ve only been using them for a couple of weeks, however Clover is known for making quality hooks. There isn’t anything that immediately stands out to me as an area of concern. I also haven’t heard of any complaints in the crochet community about the quality. Materials I will do a full post on the whole shebang of hooks but for now you just need to know that there are basically two kinds of hooks and most brands are based on these kinds of hooks. So which is better depending on the grip you use? I personally think the Amour hook would be a bit better for the pencil grip. Keep in mind, I hold my hook like a knife, so I’m no expert on the pencil hold. However, I personally found it easier to use the pencil grip with the Amour hook.

I really like cheap little Birch hooks. They’re better than the full metal ones (for some reason those ones just don’t mesh with me) and they’re really affordable. I have several because I like to keep my hook with the project so I don’t forget which hook I was using so I actually have 2 size 4 Birch hooks. No complaints. I bought this from a knitting store that carries only Addi hooks so I was kind of forced into buying it but I quite like it. It’s a 2mm so I use it for amigurumi and it’s a top notch little hook. I prefer these to the Addi Swing so if you’re going to budget for an Addi hook, try this one first, especially if you’re a pencil grip crocheter. I can’t quite imagine how a pencil grip crocheter would hold and Addi Swing. If anyone can point me to a video of it being done, I’d love to see it! We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. What is the difference between etimo and clover amour? The difference is in the handle. The Clover Amour is flat where you thumb will rest and on the Clover Etimo hooks the handle is more rounded. How long is a clover crochet hook? ​The standard sizes of Clover Amour hooks (sizes B – J) are 5.5” in length. The larger sizes (K & up) are longer.

Subscribe

For purely aesthetic purposes, the Amour wins hands down. If you haven’t noticed, I really love color, and these are just so much more fun to look at. Plus, like I mentioned, each hook size has a different colored handle.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop