Killing My Own Snakes: A Memoir

Killing My Own Snakes: A Memoir

RRP: £18.99
Price: £9.495
£9.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

She ended up in a "Talibanic" convent school, a "ghastly, cold, damp mausoleum in the Peak District".

I take their damn cellphones away, giving myself extra points if I can swipe it from under their nose without signaling intent. This is the sort of memoir you really want to read as she has a multitude of tales to tell about plenty of fascinating people, as well as telling her own story of building a successful career in Fleet Street at a time when a young, educated, female was not considered the ‘right sort’ for cutting edge journalism. Why did she tramp through the guerrilla camps of Rhodesia, holding her machine gun over her pregnancy bump? Her book is a passionate, witty, incident-filled account of an extraordinary life, a candid self-portrait of one of the most distinguished journalists of our time. A marvellous memoir of great insight and wit from one of Britain's most formidable and accomplished journalists.When I was hired to teach at Southeastern in May, 1979, the Academic Dean at the time gave me only two pieces of advice: “Make your own way,” and “Kill your own snakes. No missing or damaged pages, no creases or tears, no underlining or highlighting of text, and no writing in the margins. For example the possibility of assault (several times) presented itself but thankfully was thwarted. She claims that the only time she was forced to amend her copy was when she described Diana as 'promiscuous' and a shocked editor took it out. Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan Republic, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde Islands, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon Republic, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Croatia, Republic of the Congo, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City State, Vietnam, Virgin Islands (U.

I’m teaching an Algebra 10-12 class, and the kids start packing up their stuff with fifteen minutes to the bell. You're keeping a good man out of a job,' he snarled at her, a theme taken up by his sidekick who declared that he didn't object to women working in newspapers - just so long as it was other newspapers. Though the author succumbs to smugness at times and aspires to look unflappable and unshockable, I think those particular asides are how she would have LIKED to have felt and behaved at the time of trauma and danger. But nowhere is it written that teacher-centered classrooms must be ruthlessly controlled environments of churchlike stillness.Although extensive name-dropping chapters about important people she has interviewed or reported on make up the core of the book, it is those near the beginning and end that in many ways are the most interesting. Entertaining to begin with, Ann (and her employers) preconceptions soon show through here - foreigners are generally unstable, inherently child-like and potentially murderous. A year later she moved to Fleet Street and was given a column headlined: 'She's young, she's provocative, and she's only 22. Change country: -Select- Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Republic Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana British Virgin Islands Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Islands Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile Colombia Comoros Cook Islands Costa Rica Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) Democratic Republic of the Congo Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) Fiji Finland France Gabon Republic Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guam Guatemala Guernsey Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iraq Italy Jamaica Japan Jersey Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macau Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Micronesia Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Poland Portugal Qatar Republic of Croatia Republic of the Congo Romania Rwanda Saint Helena Saint Kitts-Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines San Marino Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Korea Spain Sri Lanka Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Taiwan Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda United Arab Emirates United States Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Vatican City State Vietnam Virgin Islands (U. We give people around the world the opportunity to contribute to the circular economy, earn money and protect the planet, by trading their unwanted books and media.

It’s one of the few snakes that even experienced teachers should hand off to an administrator if they can’t convince the student to comply. Many famous people were interviewed, including Muhammad Ali, David Niven and the like when she covered show business.The Chalke History Festival announces a new name, new look, and tons for history buffs to get their teeth into!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop