Mackmyra Svensk Ek Swedish Malt Whisky 70 cl (1 bottle)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Swedish whisky may not carry the same immediate recognition as its Scottish or Irish counterparts, yet this Nordic spirit has been quietly and confidently carving out a space for itself in the global whisky scene. Distilleries in Sweden have embraced the tradition of whisky making, infusing it with distinctive Swedish characteristics – from local barley and water to innovative ageing processes that include the use of Swedish oak. The story of Swedish whisky is one of craft, innovation, and a deep respect for nature, reflective of the country's cultural values. Swedish whisky is known for its boldness and complexity. Common flavour notes include the sweetness of vanilla and caramel, the fruitiness of citrus and berries, and the spice of oak and pepper. There can also be hints of the local flora, such as heather and pine, which add a unique terroir-driven touch. The cooler climate produces a spirit that is often described as clean and smooth with a long finish.

Q - Do you have any concerns with bottle collectors, or would you rather the whisky be drunk rather than gathering dust on a shelf? Could you please express your thoughts on this? If anyone knows how to clone yourself or get a few extra arms that would be extremely helpful but I try my best and believe that one day the hard work will pay off in the direction I wish for. Swedish distilleries often employ small-scale, artisanal processes. The fermentation period tends to be longer than average, which can create a richer, more nuanced flavour. The pot stills used for distillation are typically smaller, allowing for greater control over the distillation process and a finer product. This is one of the reasons I’ve started up my blog as a complement to the other social channels as it combines my interest for writing and photography completely on my own terms.Whisky-making in Sweden is more than a commercial endeavour; it is a reflection of the country's culture – a combination of innovation, respect for nature, and quality craftsmanship. These distilleries are often located in areas of natural beauty, and they frequently offer tours and tastings that provide an immersive experience of both the spirit and the landscape. A - This can vary from brand to brand but for some I get approached with a social media campaign that is marketing for example a specific bottle, be it one that’s already in their portfolio or a new release. I then create content after a brief and deliver for approval before posting on an agreed date to social media.

Spirit Results 2010" (PDF). IWSC. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 January 2014 . Retrieved 1 January 2014. A - My name is Moa and I was born and raised in Sweden but moved to Edinburgh to study in 2015. During my final year I met my boyfriend who just started working in the whisky industry the day after our first date so together we started trying various whisky samples to learn more about where the different aromas and flavours came from. Smögen Whisky is known for its heavily peated expressions that cater to lovers of a smokier dram. Gotland Whisky is another name that echoes the Swedish whisky ethos of craftsmanship and local character, offering whiskies with a coastal influence.A - A bit of a quirky personality mixed in with a keen interest for flavour. And a bit of everything - I’ve gathered whisky and drinks content with all the things that suit who I am on the blog, both as a way to open up the world more for myself so that I can write about anything that intrigues me, but also to showcase who I am as a person - and I’m not just a whisky enthusiast, but it is part of who I am. At the same time I feel like there sometimes can also be quite a hysteric must-buy mentality around certain bottles and massive disappointment if you miss out which also feels a little bit unreasonable in some situations. Sweden now has seven distilleries with more planned to start production and with innovative people, like the Box Distillery in the north of the country, we're sure to see more of them. A - If you buy a whisky bottle, it’s up to you what you want to do with it. I think it’s a shame when some people that love certain whiskies can’t buy them to drink and enjoy because someone else buys 10 of them to keep for several years and then sell for double the price for the sole purpose to make money but if you have bought the whisky, then it is yours to do with as your please.

A - Like most people who are passionate about a drinks category I’d say it depends on the mood and the setting. Sometimes I love peated whisky, sometimes something sweet and easy drinking. But I must say that I’m weak for older ex-bourbon matured grain whisky where you can get so much flavour for (often) an affordable price tag and as someone with a sweet tooth, grain whisky often offers lovely vanilla ice-cream and Swedish punsch notes that I absolutely love.A - I’m not sure exactly when I tried whisky for the first time but it was probably when my dad offered me sample from his little collection, but at the time I thought everything tasted the same and was way too strong in abv for me. Jim, Murray (2010). Jim Murray's Whisky Bible 2011. The UK: Dram Good Books Ltd. ISBN 9780955472954. The word ‘whisky’ also derives from this Latin term, and in Gaelic this is uisge beatha, which has the same meaning,

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop