Be a Birder: The joy of birdwatching and how to get started

Be a Birder: The joy of birdwatching and how to get started

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Macmillan Children’s Books has pre-empted Wild World, a "fun fact-filled book" about the natural world from wildlife cameraman, conservationist and presenter Hamza Yassin.

Each bird chosen from that habitat is given its scientific name, whether it is easy to spot or not, given a three word description, such as slow, floating glider for the Red Kite and following this, many interesting facts. Hamza Yassin is a Scottish wildlife cameraman and presenter, a skilled ornithologist and the winner of the 2022 season of Strictly Come Dancing. Hehas filmed for BBC’s wildlife documentary series Springwatch, filming a sparrowhawk sequence for Silverback’s The Hunt (narrated by Sir David Attenborough), polar bears for Sky’s series Predators and most recently capturing incredible eagle footage for BBC One’s ‘Wild Isles’ in which Sir David Attenborough explores the British Isles, including the extraordinary wildlife surrounding Hamza’s home in Scotland. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. I also loved the ‘three words to describe the bird’ feature, which always managed to be perfect and utterly spot on!Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item.

Hamza is the presenter and cameraman for Channel 4 ‘s documentary, ‘Scotland, My Life in the Wild’, in which he takes viewers on a tour of his home in Scotland, showcasing incredible footage of the surrounding wildlife and the immense patience and skill that goes into capturing these amazing moments as a wildlife cameraman. The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. I love the focuses on the different birds, with pages dedicated to each which will have you feeling confident to go out and discover them for yourself. Hamza Yassin has an unparalleled gift in engaging and educating on the awe-inspiring world we live in.

The majority of the book explores 50 birds - divided into sections identifying the locations such as woodland, coastal etc where specific types of birds maybe found accompanied with plenty of concise information as to how to spot each species. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH). Encouraging us all to stop, step outside and listen, Be a Birder is both a practical guide and a joyous celebration of these incredible creatures. What a brilliant book - I’ve recently started to learn about birds and this book combines interesting etymology, environmental information, brilliant stories that make you fall in love with birds and really practical tips on how and where to spot them.

Starting with the goldfinch in your garden, to tawny owls in woodlands, to the elusive kingfisher near rivers and marshes, you will build your birdwatching confidence and push yourself further afield to find new feathered wonders. Discover the wonderful world of birdwatching with wildlife cameraman Hamza Yassin – winner of BBC One’s Strictly Come Dancing 2022. It is written in such a down to earth manner and friendly voice that it cold be used by anyone from eight to eighty. Gushing but being a fledgling and very amateur birder that can feel very isolated at times, he’s kept my interest and enthusiasm going, and I’m very grateful for it!I just read it from cover to cover and I’m sure I’ll continue to dip in and out of it in the future. I love the descriptions and little anecdotes of the birds, and of course Hamza’s voice comes through beautifully in every line.

He was lovely with everyone (especially the kids) and dealt with the constant attention so well, never seeming like he’d rather not interact – in fact I had to keep telling people to move on as they were having such a long chat! Wildlife cameraman and Dyslexia Scotland Ambassador Hamza Yassin has written a beginners’ guide to bird watching. Through his progression to become a videographer and more, he shares his expertise, drops bird knowledge bombs and entertains you along the way.Yassin is a Scottish wildlife cameraman, zoologist and presenter, whose first TV appearance was on CBeebies’ “Let’s Go for a Walk”. Then start your own journey with sketches, information and tidbits about 50 birds that populate the British Isles and beyond. The first third is the author's autobiography, followed by a few pages to introduce the fundamentals of bird watching. First saw Hamza on kids TV when we used to watch Let's Go For a Walk, I found Hamza fascinating and informative. It explains: "His warm and charming stories weave through the book, as he shares his unique experiences from the perspective of a cameraman, ranging from what to do when a cheetah sits beside you when you’re filming, to how long you might need to wait to get the perfect photo of golden eagles.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop