Sony Cyber-SHOT DSC-RX10 II

Sony Cyber-SHOT DSC-RX10 II

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Making a camera with a touchscreen that is going to be a disgusting mess that must be peered through is not my idea of photography. It's just gross. Our resolution tests are performed at the lowest ISO setting. It's also important to look at how a sensor performs at the higher-sensitivity settings used in dim light. The FZ1000 II is on even footing with most of its competition in this regard—the 1-inch 20MP BSI CMOS sensor inside is the same Sony-made chip used by its rivals. While the size of the screen on the RX10 IV is the same as the RX10 III and both are tiltable up to 109 degree upward and 41 degrees downward, it is now also a Touchscreen - the first for an RX10 series camera, and introduces Touch Focus and Touch Pad functionality.

Clearly the FZ330 / FZ300 enjoys three times longer reach, but that’s not quite the end of the story as the Sony sensor has 20 Megapixels to the 12 of the Lumix. This allows you to crop-in with the Sony and enjoy a little extra reach while macthing the 12 Megapixel resolution. So in the next comparison below you’ll see the Lumix FZ330 / FZ300 at 600mm and its native resolution of 12 Megapixels, next to the Sony RX10 II at 200mm, but cropped from 20 to 12 Megapixels. The result still isn’t anywhere near as tight as the Lumix, but it’s certainly tighter than before. If you’d like camera with a 1in sensor and a longer zoom than the RX10 II, consider the Lumix FZ1000 (16x / 25-400mm) or Canon G3X (25x / 24-600mm), albeit with both models slowing their apertures as the lenses extend through their focal range (to f4 and f5.6 respectively) – there’s always a compromise to balance. But for videographers, the FZ2500 with its fully-articulating touchscreen, built-in variable ND filter and similar zoom range might make it the more sensible choice, especially given its lower price point (though we found its lens performance inferior to its Sony counterparts). You don't get the cool, super-high-speed frame rate options offered by the Sony cameras, but 1080/120p is not too shabby. Availability

Overview

It's very easy to use, and image quality for both video and stills is excellent. Another big plus for me is the constant f2.8 lens. Also impressive: the cameras massive buffer. Even when shooting Raw+JPEG in Spd. Priority Cont. mode, the camera was able to fire off 28 frames before hitting a buffer. Like the original Cyber-shot RX10, the RX10 II features built-in Wi-Fi and NFC, allowing for it to connect with one's smart device for wireless sharing of images, and remote shooting via the PlayMemories Mobile app. Continuous Shooting

The Sony RX10is one of my favourite cameras of recent years, and a triumph of substance over marketing spin. Its headline specs weren’t particularly attention-grabbing, but the combination of a generously proportioned 1in sensor and a 24-200mm zoom lens with a constant f/2.8 aperture was an inspired choice for high image quality in a wide range of shooting conditions. The handsome magnesium alloy body, elegant controls, fast performance and superb video features all contributed to an extremely impressive camera.This puts the RX10 IV in a class above its predecessors, the RX10 III and RX10 II, with faster and more accurate autofocus than anything that came before it. The 315 point Phase Detection autofocus system in the Mark IV covers approximately 65% of the entire image area of the image sensor, offering widespread and dense coverage of AF points. Focal Range Trying the various AF area options I measured a hit-rate of about 50 to 75% – good enough to grab a few focused images in a burst, but not sufficient to rely on any of them to be the decisive moment. It’s true to say that Sony created a new type of bridge camera with the Cyber-shot DSC-RX10. The original model was released
in 2013, and it provides a good balance between the convenience of a bridge camera and the image quality and features of a DSLR camera. With this in mind, the RX10 has a 1in sensor, which is smaller than that of a DSLR, but significantly larger than the compact camera sensors usually found in bridge cameras. The 25-400mm zoom covers a wide variety of situations. You can net shots with a slightly wider view than the main camera on most smartphones, and can zoom in with enough power for capturing images of wildlife, sports action, and other subjects where you can't get in close. The aforementioned Sony models zoom in a little farther with the same sensor size, but for significantly more reach, you'll need to step down to a camera with a smartphone-sized sensor, like the Canon PowerShot SX70 HS and its 65x (21-1,365mm) zoom lens.

but u didn't and u reacted! and you did that in a very childish manner too! not so befit of someone claiming to be in the business for five decades, PROFESSIONALLY! When the camera is writing files, it is not possible toaccess the menu or review images, but youcan continue to change exposure settings, take more pictures, andaccess the Fn menu (i.e the camera remains largely operable). I was extremely pleased with the original version of the RX10 thanks to its balance of size, image quality, zoom range, and its excellent close focus capability. When it first went on sale it sold for as much as the RX10 II—the RX10's price was cut right after the introduction of the Panasonic FZ1000—and even at that price point it was awarded a 5-star rating (a very rare score from this reviewer). It's no longer peerless, and I wouldn't go quite as high today given the competition in the market, notably the FZ1000, the Panasonic G3 X, and of course, the RX10 II. The Sony Cyber-shot RX10 II is a high-end bridge camera with an 8.3x / 24-200mm zoom, constant f2.8 aperture and a 20 Megapixel sensor that’s larger than those in most rival cameras. Announced in June 2015, it’s the successor to the original RX10 which delighted video enthusiasts with its movie capabilities.

There are multiple control dials on the top plate. The one at the left side switches between single, continuous drive, 4K Photo, and self-timer capture. On the right side there's the standard Mode dial, along with front and rear dials to adjust exposure settings. There are also two programmable buttons (Fn4/EV, Fn5), Record to start and stop videos, and the shutter release. The zoom control lever surrounds the shutter release, and the On/Off switch is nested at the side of the Mode dial. Throughout this review I’ve put each of the capabilities to the test and found the RX10 II delivers on its claims. Whether you actually need these enhanced features is up to you, but the Mark II can certainly do things which other cameras can only dream of. Here’s a couple more examples showing you the kind of shallow depth of field effects that are possible with the RX10 Mark II. As I shoot most of my footage in s-log2, the built-in ND is virtually essential because of the increased ISO setting, so I opted for another RX10 ii.

The RX10 Mark II's main features remain the same, with aCarl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* 8.3x optical zoom lens, equivalent to 24-200mm in 35mm terms, and a constant f/2.8 aperture, however there is now a new sensor, that offers high speed shooting, as well as 4K and high speed video recording. In general, 'Slower' is two stops under one over the focal length, 'Slow' is one stopunder,'Standard' is one over the focal length, and 'Fast' and 'Faster' are one and two stops over the focal length, respectively. And because the a7R II triesto maintain a minimum shutter speed of 1/60 sec, regardless of focal length, 1/15 sec is the slowest that the 'Slower' option will allow. Image Stabilization

Focal Range

This means that while the RX10 II only offered an optical zoom of 8.3x, the RX10 III and RX10 IV offer an optical zoom of 25x. LCD Screen

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop