NO EXIT a gripping thriller full of heart-stopping twists

NO EXIT a gripping thriller full of heart-stopping twists

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I can definitely see it on the big screen because it’s set up in a way that I think it would thrill anyone to read or watch but it wasn’t heavy handed or overwhelming. If the author is writing an action thriller, the author should be more careful not to include this luck factor favoring the villain more than once. Trapped in an increasingly dangerous situation, with a child’s life and her own on the line, Darby must find a way to break the girl out of the van and escape. I found that the storyline was so darn nightmarishly exciting that literally had my heart racing and kept me on the edge of my seat making this one totally immersive read. While walking among the cars, she notices a little girl locked in a dog cage in the back of a work van.

From the very beginning when we learn that Darby is out driving in a blizzard and has left her charger a hundred miles back in her dorm room. Darby sets out from Denver, in hopes of making it to Utah to see her estranged mother before she heads into surgery. Darby has no cell service and discovers secrets about these strangers that make her question everything. right from the beginning, the reader is made aware of who kidnapped the girl, so the story becomes more about escaping and survival, rather than figuring out who the bad guy is. I loved the different characters and the horrific circumstances just seemed to get more and more dire as the hours at the rest stop ticked by.They seem amiable enough, then seemingly out of nowhere, a fourth individual arrives who instantly puts her on edge. Now Darby has to figure out how to free the girl, keep her safe and get them both through the night.

No Exit has everything a great thriller needs: a ingenious setup, some edgy characters and some brilliant storytelling, building tension right till the end. If anything, I'm sad to hear the progress on the film deal for this one seems to have stalled, because a story like this is absolutely ideal for the screen!Her mobile phone had zero reception, its battery reached almost zero percent, and she forgot to take the mobile charger. The time she dreamt that her throat closed up in seventh grade Social Studies class and she vomited a three-inch maggot, pale and bloated, writhing on her desk? When Darby goes outside to the parking lot to try and find a cell signal, she makes a frightening discovery: she finds a little girl being held captive in a cage inside the van parked next to her. Sometimes I find this to be overwhelming and exhausting but I didn’t find that the case with No Exit. I’ve had this ARC sitting on my shelf for like 86 months now and I just kept passing it over for other reads for some reason.

Darby Thorne, a college student at CU Boulder, is traveling to a Utah hospital to see her dying mother. The slightly humorous tone at the start may feel out of place but some of it does play into building of an important character. I mean, it's obvious the whole point of it is so the author can continuously bring up the ever-dwindling charge on Darby's phone. With her senses on full alert, Darby decides to gather her thoughts by getting some fresh air in the parking lot.

Unfortunately, after a terrific start, there are many plot holes and inconsistencies that requires the reader to suspend disbelief. But if I have to compare what I finish to read now with the movie ( or all the other thriller movies I watched on this month) this book definitely beats them up! It is a pity that this world is filled with a lot of people wearing so many masks (in a metaphorical sense and not a literal sense). With no one for miles, and highways shut down all across the state the only person Darby has to rely on is herself and knowing she can’t turn a blind eye to this kidnapped child she sets in motion a twisty thrill ride that’s sure to have nearly any reader on the edge of their seat.

Our main character Darby gets stuck at a rest stop in Colorado on the way to visit her family, and she meets four strangers at a rest stop, and in the parking lot she sees a child locked in a cage with duct tape over her mouth in the back of a van. In addition to receiving an ARC through Edelweiss I also purchased myself a copy of this book to read and review! Knowing the kidnapper must be one or more of the strangers that she is stranded with, Darby has to decide how to deal with the situation. A thrilling fast-past, climatic, heart-pounding game of cat and mouse between two strong and very different characters who try to outwit each other. Before she knows it, she's stuck in the middle of a blizzard in the Colorado mountains, with only a highway rest stop for shelter.The storyline and the chilling setting of this tale immediately drew me in and held taut right to the very end.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop