What Lies Between Us

What Lies Between Us

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

He disfrutado más con “What lies between us” que con “The one”, la única novela que había leído anteriormente por este autor. What I particularly like is Munaweera's sense of women and their destinies--in this book, she illustrates that motherhood isn't a pristine, isolated phenomenon, it's an aspect of a woman's entire experience and can't remain untouched by that. Tragedy hits the family and the girl and her mother move to America to live with her cousin, Aunt and Uncle. The second part takes the now-grown narrator (usually female) to America, where she experiences culture shock and feels like a stranger in a strange land.

Just bear in mind, as you read it, that the captive character is only sharing a few of her feelings about that imprisonment. Nayomi Munaweera's writing is superb, her pacing is SO good, and her storytelling is just fantastic.She has a lovely voice, carries the story well, but her habit of being over dramatic in each sentence really throws it off. Also, for someone who hates their mother, she’s so unsuspecting when being told she has rare incurable disease. An intriguing and dark psychological thriller where the characters are disturbing and twisted and the plot well crafted and suspenseful.

We know almost from the first sentence that our narrator is in prison and it is strongly hinted that she has killed her child. This is my first time reading a work by Nayomi Munaweera and what a, beautiful written, well crafted novel it was.Make sure that when you start it that you have nothing planned in your life (so iso is a great time! Maggie y Nina, madre e hija que viven juntas y solas desde la desaparición del padre, tienen una particularidad.

This page-turning thriller about a daughter who has imprisoned her mother in the attic kept me guessing and surprised, but the characters are so vile they made me question my faith in humanity.If you like your novels to keep you guessing and aren't afraid of the darker side of human nature, you need to just read everything he's written. I knew absolutely nothing about “What Lies Between Us” when I first began the book, but I couldn’t help but notice the similarities between this book and “Misery” by Stephen King. But let me tell you something, when I reach the end, my spine was already tingling and there were at least 15 teeth bites on my arm (nope, my dogs are innocent, I did to myself because I have no longer nails which is more disgusting image you may ever imagine. This get high marks from me and I hope you all are lucky enough to get your hands on a copy of this book. The deceptive story climbs and climbs until you think you've reached the peak, only to find another, final twist (have I said twist enough?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop