Femlandia: The gripping and provocative new dystopian thriller from the bestselling author of VOX

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Femlandia: The gripping and provocative new dystopian thriller from the bestselling author of VOX

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The start of the economic collapse was enough to drive Miranda’s husband to suicide, leaving her and Emma destitute even before everything else went to rot. which, hey—your compound, your rules, but since there is no mention of trans men or nonbinary/genderqueer people anywhere in the book, it feels like dalcher just didn't want to have to bother with the complexities of gender identity, and dispensed with the matter, shutting it down in one short paragraph.

It tells a new story, however, there are a few themes that seem to carry through from one novel to the next; the main female characters in each novel for example all have some qualification and/or job in linguistics and communication, this is perhaps because the author herself is a linguist so she has followed the rule of writing what you know. I find it impossible to believe this is a coincidence, and I find it painfully unnecessary and cheap. If you have read this review and discount my opinion because I am a man, then I have no doubt that this book will tick all of your boxes. Dalcher makes it clear that just because women are in charge of women, it doesn’t mean that everything will be utopic. Provocative, sinister, and fascinating, FEMLANDIA is full of complicated characters, with a gripping plot to boot.I am convinced that she has, at some point a few years ago, lost her flash-fiction prompt cards, because she seems to be stuck using the same one over and over. A brisk, driving passage of martial energy follows, leading gradually to a new mood that is bright and festive. Personally I didn’t really like any of the characters in this book (not always a negative) but the extreme setting felt a lot heavier and darker than simply a cult vibe. I don't think I ever realized until now how uptight we city women are—or were—how we constantly, incessantly protect ourselves by keeping our heads bent down at our phones or by examining an imagined hangnail, our subconsciouses expecting danger lurking around every corner.

She spends half her time thinking about Starbucks and manicures and the other half thinking about the frankly useless-sounding rich dude she was married too, before he lost all their money as well as all their friends’ money then drove off a cliff because he just couldn’t take the pressure. It is made from barley distilled into a neutral spirit in the village of Koskenkorva in Ilmajoki, operated by Finland's Altia Corporation. Win has never understood why her daughter loved pink, boys and being a young stay at home wife and mother (Win’s brand of feminism does not allow room for other women to make choices differently than her, clearly). When the economy collapses and the world turns into survival mode, Miranda and her daughter, Emma, have no choice but to go to Femlandia. Some rather nasty and predictable comments about transwomen follow, and then the whole subject is dropped and never mentioned again.Terrible things happen to them on the road, with almost every mention of any man being negative, and every interaction with a man definitely being frightening. It is now owned by the Brown–Forman Corporation (via Brown-Forman Finland Oy); [1] on 19 June 2023, Brown-Forman reached an agreement with Coca-Cola HBC to acquire Brown-Forman's Finnish subsidiary which owns the Finlandia brand. However, I just don't want to give it more stars because I want people to know I don't want them to read this book just because they thought I saw redeeming qualities in it. Transwomen are briefly addressed in the beginning, in a rather vile way, when Miranda is ‘inspected’ at the gates of Femlandia to make sure she’s ‘always been a woman’.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop