The Wolf Den (The Wolf Den Trilogy)

The Wolf Den (The Wolf Den Trilogy)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

My aim in writing the trilogy was to immerse myself as much as possible within the ancient mindset, so my starting point was always to question what the experiences and emotional world of women at that specific time might have looked like. Once I started writing however, it was impossible not to see modern parallels. In particular by writing about the complex psychological bonds that may have developed between enslaved people and their owners or courtesans and their patrons I could see parallels with modern women's experiences of sexual violence, coercive control and abusive relationships. Also whenever you write about the past I think there is always a balance between looking at the values and customs of the time, and the aspects of human nature that don't change. The need for love, respect, control over one's own body and life, are timeless, and so these are the central preoccupations of the characters in my trilogy too. But Amara's spirit is far from broken. By day, she walks the streets with the other women, finding comfort in the laughter and dreams they share. For the streets of Pompeii are alive with opportunity. Out here, even the lowest slave can secure a reversal in fortune. Amara has learnt that everything in this city has its price. But how much is her freedom going to cost her? Ana de Armas, 35, is every inch the Hollywood goddess as she is carried on a Gold Coast beach during filming of new survival thriller Eden Prince William's ready for action! Royal looks the part as he dons camouflage military gear before riding in... Rishi Sunak talks up UK plc's 'positive momentum' and tax cuts as he pitches to business leaders at glitzy London investment summit... only for BoE chief to warn that the outlook is among the worst he's seen

The excavation of Pompeii, the industrial hub of the region and Herculaneum, a small beach resort, has given unparalleled insight into Roman life. Charli XCX is engaged! Pop superstar announces she is to wed The 1975 drummer George Daniel after one year of dating Wonderful in white! Queen Letizia of Spain opts for chic trouser suit to attend journalism awards with King Felipe Hollywood plastic surgeon reveals the celebs who he thinks have had wonky surgery secretly corrected The relationship between the she-wolves was inspired by a rare drawing on ivory from Herculaneum that shows five women enjoying themselves in a game of dicing.Girls' night out! Queen Máxima of the Netherlands stuns in a sensational shimmering gown as she steps out solo in Paris with Brigitte Macron Vincent Cassel and Monica Bellucci's daughter Deva, 19, reveals how her parents helped her modelling career as she stars on the cover of V Magazine Farrah Abraham reveals she met mystery new boyfriend on ONLYFANS and made him sign an NDA as they hold hands during bikini-filled beach stroll Travis Kelce's new fan Veronika Rajek once claimed people thought she was 'too pretty to exist' as quotes about her rise to fame resurface From being starved and beaten to having their eyes gouged out in violent acts of revenge, a new historical novel sheds light on the harsh existence endured by prostitutes in Ancient Rome.

Camilla Kerslake puts on a loved-up display with her husbandChris Robshaw while co-hosting A Captain's Christmas charity event Mastermind behind the Kardashians' billion-dollar brands (including SKIMS and Good American) reveals how 'anyone' can achieve business success Sam Thompson reveals 'plans to quit television' following successful stint in the I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! jungle Sex and the City star Cynthia Nixon begins HUNGER STRIKE in bid to trigger Israel-Hamas ceasefire: Is mom to two Jewish kids with her ex-husband Man who stars as a lonely pensioner in viral Christmas advert for a pub in Northern Ireland is revealed as a local actor - and says his newfound fame is'unbelievable'The Couple Next Door review: A steamy thriller where even putting out the bins is raunchy, writes CHRISTOPHER STEVENS

White Lotus stars Meghann Fahy andLeo Woodall cozy up while strolling arm-in-arm in NYC... after confirming real life romance Margot Robbie joins Michelle Williams,Penelope Cruz and Natalie Portman on the red carpet at the Gotham Independent Film Awards From luxury skincare to must-have make-up collections - get Christmas all wrapped up with dream gifts they'll love Amara’s story and the stories of those around her present a heartbreaking picture of the degradation and abuse endured by slaves and their offspring in that era. The descriptions of the slave market and treatment of slaves – those born into slavery and those turned into slaves from captivity are hard to read. Freedom came with a price with terms solely dependent upon the owner’s discretion and came with no guarantee that freedom could prevent you from being separated from your family. As with the previous book, each chapter begins with a quote from either graffiti on the walls of the ruins of the ancient city of Pompeii or from the writings of ancient Roman speakers. In the author’s note at the end of the book , she discusses the importance of these quotes.Kate Middleton's surprise visit to National Marine Aquarium in 2022 will feature in BBC Two's Secrets of the Aquarium next month

The Temple of Fortuna is the dramatic final instalment in Elodie Harper's Sunday Times-bestselling Wolf Den trilogy, which reimagines the lives of women who have long been overlooked. I'm A Celebrity star Fred Sirieix's fiancée Fruitcake catches her flight to Australia as she prepares to reunite with star when he leaves the jungle Molly-Mae Hague 'tells Tommy Fury to ditch his partying pals' after removing her engagement ring when footage of him living it up on holiday went viral I'm A Celebrity's Nella Rose rushed out of camp to see medic as hostsAnt McPartlin and Declan Donnelly share health update

Share this article

It's my job': Queen's stoic response when royal aides suggested Charles should meet new PM Liz Truss instead of her, as Scobie's new book reveals details about the last days of the monarch's life Cynthia Nixon's hunger strike to try and end Israel-Palestine conflict will only last two or three DAYS, source claims Rod Stewart is dwarfed by 6ft1 wife Penny Lancaster and 6ft4 Alistair as he takes his son out for his 18th birthday

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop