Joué Play | 4-in-1 Portable Digital Instrument, with Powerful and Easy-to-use Musical App Included - Plug & Play Music

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Joué Play | 4-in-1 Portable Digital Instrument, with Powerful and Easy-to-use Musical App Included - Plug & Play Music

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Activate the MPE function on your Joué Play and modulate all MIDI parameters simultaneously with natural gestures. Turn the keyboard panel into a mixing console or customize the guitar panel for a left-handed guitar - the possibilities are endless. Even in relative mode, a tap in a fader's endpoint area transmits a controller value of 0 or 127, as a convenient reset.

Available with the Pro option, the Joué Editor software allows you to edit each MIDI message sent by the Play Pads. MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) allows digital instruments to behave more like acoustic instruments in terms of spontaneous, polyphonic sound control. If the rfid tags are partially shielded and offset from the center, it’s possible to override the the “base” with an instrument pad. Bubbles: A module with four buttons along the top (which can send notes, control changes, programme changes or pitch bend), below which are four hemispherical 'bubbles' which effectively operate as joysticks with a downward pressure component. The really tricky thing about this is if there are two colliding notes, and one free note, you have to avoid applying that function to the free note somehow.I hoped it was just a firmware issue but when I asked on the official forum that they used to run years ago, they said it was a sensor limitation.

You can of course create your own projects, and choose a suitable sound pack: a wide range of genres are covered. The MPE controller is accessible to beginners but is a powerful tool to help experienced musicians create new patterns, with an additional editor app for deeper control. NothanUmber I’ve perused the memory blocks on the modules and I’m seeing something resembling an XML structure or at least sets of nested parameters.Each additional note reduces the range of aftertouch values for previous note, and after 4 notes it’s very difficult to get any output. You can select a sound in the app and load multiple sounds per project, which appear in a circular arrangement.

Using the record button directly on your Joué Play device, start recording your melody, chord or rythm with your fingertips. In fact, the higher value is close to the numerical limit of 14-bit MIDI pitch-bend messages, and Joué tell me they'll support the true upper limit in a software update. The Joué application identifies the board and pad immediately, and shows installed packs and projects, including a selection of how-to examples, like Massive Attack’s Tear Drop or Billie Eilish’s Bad Guy. A preset scale can be selected (there are 23 to choose from), and vibrato (left-right glide), Y position (slide) and aftertouch are all supported.

Turn the Keys Pad into a mixing console or tune the Guitar Pad into a left-handed guitar: the possibilities are endless. It's possible to pitch bend along a string (a gesture referred to as vibrato), but the most extreme pitch bending (which is upwards only) comes from the 'bending' gesture, pushing strings upwards or downwards. I don’t know if I’ll ever have the time, energy, or money to innovate, but I would love to see a product using the same idea behind the Joué, but usable in standalone. The guitar pad is interesting, especially for non-guitarists, giving you a whole new way to play guitar parts.

I’ve been running the board the the RPI on a 5000mah battery for the last 3 hours without the charge dropping so this seems like a great thing to DIY. My hope is I can force the matrix pads into a glissando mode that we all so desire, and get a knock-off linnstrument. Ultimately, we are still limited to 4 notes per horizontal zone, and 4 horizontal zones, but judging by the play-styles of many MPE players, that might not be a problem (also probably why Joué decided to set up their boards this way). The playing surfaces are highly sensitive to touch and you can get a much greater dynamic response than you would expect from something with no moving parts. Practice by learning the basics or by replaying a selection of famous songs step by step through a series of video tutorials, also available as projects in the Joue Play App.What I’m seeking to do is understand what is transmitted via sysex file dump message when assigning a configuration to a pad. Both projects assume default MIDI channel settings for the Joué modules, so that the keyboard-like modules play the instruments while the control modules modulate the effects. Notionally the Joué has space for three modules at once, if they are a standard square shape (9cm on a side), but some modules are double- or triple-width. Of course, if you get a Re-connect then you can plug in any old MIDI wireless host but I’m not brave enough to take mine apart.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop