The Miseducation of Cameron Post

The Miseducation of Cameron Post

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Wow...what a pleasant surprise this was. I saw this in the Teen New Books section of the library, figured, if nothing else, it would serve as a palate-cleanser, a fluffy coming of age story. Turns out, The Miseducation of Cameron Post resonates much more deeply than the typical YA novel, filled with pitch perfect detail and honesty, devoid of condescension: a book to be shared by all. The author was partially inspired by the true story of a 16-year-old boy who said he was being sent to a de-gaying camp in Tennessee. Read more about this in the author's Slate interview with author Curtis Sittenfeld. Why? Well, I start by saying that I expected to like it, but that never happened. The beginning was promising. The novel is divided into three time lines, beginning in 1989. Cameron Post is a twelve-year-old girl who lives in Montana. She has a best friend named Irene and a normal family, her parents and her grandmother. We get to know Cameron and her family and the beginning of the summer of 1989. She is discovering things about her own sexuality that make her feel strange, and she knows she's not perfect and doesn't want to.

The Miseducation of Cameron Post Download [PDF] [EPUB] The Miseducation of Cameron Post Download

Emily M. Danforth truly knows how to set a scene, and everything from the gorgeous descriptions of Montana summers to the minute details of Cam’s day reflect this. The pace is very gradually and overall incredibly atmospheric. Otros lectores han dicho palabras como «pesado» o «seco» y creo que es la forma en la que lo describiría. Puede que a otras personas les encante porque he visto que en Goodreads es así, pero no es mi caso. Fair warning that Cameron is just as likely to tell you to eff off as she is to bum a smoke off you, though. For even though there are beautiful moments of stillness and jumbled, joyous images of childhood (Cameron puts a piece of flourite in her mouth at one point so she can taste its hardness and grit, which is something I totally did as a kid), there are also frank sexual situations, marijuana use, shoplifting, and all kinds of other things that might normally drive me up the wall when they're casually included in your typical YA book. I really appreciated how honestly Danforth handled Cameron's sexuality. Nothing about it was overdone, it was understated and shy and exactly what so many kids go through when they get their first crush. Straight or gay, I could completely related to the confusion and excitement of young love.Do you think a 12-year-old gay kid would have as a hard a time in school today as Cameron had in 1989? Why or why not? First of all, this might be the most raw and authentic representation of a character I have ever encountered. Cameron's identity as a lesbian is the core of this novel, and the journey Danforth takes us on in exploring her identity is one of the greatest things in literature today.

The Miseducation of Cameron Post - Goodreads

The book can be slow and ponderous at times but it reminded me of my own school years, time seemed to go much slower as a teenager! Now a major film starring Chloe Grace Moretz - winner of the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival ** And I almost forgot all the figuring out about her sexuality and things are the way things are and sexuality is fluid and UGH, WHAT, IT'S LIKE THEY TOOK ALL MY FEELINGS AND PUT THEM INTO A BOOK. Cameron felt responsible for her parents death because she thought that was the punishment for kissing a girl, so she stopped being friends with her childhood best friend (who she kissed). But this guilt was never mentioned again. She just stopped being friends with her and kissed other girls instead like nothing happened. ? Yeah, I'll never understand that. But I wish they got some closure at the end. And anyways, what's better than falling in love with your friend who you already know well?Despite everything I've said, the book just did not grip me. At all. I did not find anything in Cameron's story that would make me want to know more about her life and her problems. The secondary characters, although well drawn, did not interest me either (except Grandma Post, I think she is the best). The situations are well described, but they were not interesting or enjoyable. I felt that Cameron's story was an adult trying to talk like a girl. Religion is very important in the story and I think it is well treated. I kept reading, two years passed and we are in 1991, but I did not feel a significant impulse to continue reading. This novel is easily in my top favorite novels of all-time and it just blew me away. The Miseducation of Cameron Post reads like a classic, like a good classic, and I personally believe it should go down as a classic.

The Miseducation of Cameron Post - Wikipedia

Even though no one had ever told me, specifically, not to kiss a girl before, nobody had to. It was guys and girls who kissed--in our grade, on TV, in the movies, in the world; and that's how it worked, guys and girls. Anything else was something weird. Cameron Post is a teenager growing up in a small town in Montana in the early 90s. Her parents die in a car crash the summer she's 12, right after she shares a kiss with her best friend. Her aunt Ruth, an evangelical Christian, moves in as Cam's guardian. Fast forward to her high school years and Cam is desperately in love with Coley Taylor, a beautiful, "straight" girl who seems to reciprocate Cam's feelings somewhat. But then aunt Ruth discovers Cam's secret and ships her off to a school to "de-gay" her. And I care so much about the side characters!!!! I want another book about Irene Klausen and one about Coley Taylor (MY WHOLE HEART WANTS THIS) and one about Aunt Ruth and and and ALL THE BOOKS, EMILY M. DANFORTH. WRITE ALL THE BOOKS.LGBTQ cinema is out in force at Sundance Film Festival," proclaimed USA Today. "The acerbic coming-of-age movie is adapted from Emily M. Danforth's novel, and stars Chloë Grace Moretz as a lesbian teen who is sent to a gay conversion therapy center after she gets caught having sex with her friend on prom night." Several uses of "f--k," plus "s--t," "d--k," "jerk off," "dyke," "God" and "oh my God" (as an exclamation). This novel can come off very slow-paced, and I understand that being a challenge for some readers. But I felt that this was a positive because it really dove into every possible nook and cranny and I came out (no pun intended) fully satisfied after reading this novel. And as I said, this novel reads like a classic, meaning the author is definitely skilled and talented with her words.

The Miseducation of Cameron Post Book Review - Common Sense Media The Miseducation of Cameron Post Book Review - Common Sense Media

Later, Cameron asks Jane if all the kids were high, and learns that Jane is the source of the pot. Jane, Adam, and Cameron will soon start hanging out together during their free time. Continue reading.Like everything starts fine, but then the narrative starts vocalizing feelings you’ve tried to place before? And before you know it you’re completely immersed and trying to understand why your chest aches? The "main" realationship was disgusting. And not just because it was really fustrating that she kissed every girl she became friends with, but because it was based on cheating. I don't care if you are closeted, cheating is cheating and if you are messing with someone's realationship, especially if the third person is innocent, you are disgusting. You both are. This has been sitting in my pile since a big book haul soon after I’d watched the movie in the cinema.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop