The Happy Sleeper: the science-backed guide to helping your baby get a good night’s sleep ― newborn to school age

£7.495
FREE Shipping

The Happy Sleeper: the science-backed guide to helping your baby get a good night’s sleep ― newborn to school age

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Without the proper amount and quality of sleep, science reveals, we will have difficulty focusing, remembering, and calming our emotions. She now sleeps through the night for 11-12 hours, instead of just about the 9 she made before, with one wakeup to drink. Yael Wapinski MD New York City pediatrician and mother of three 'An important resource for parents seeking to give their children a lifetime of quality sleep. Sleep issues arise when parents (with the best of intentions) over-help or helicopter parent at night overshadowing their baby s innate biological ability to sleep well. Since D gets home around 7:30pm, there were lots of nights were we didn't even get to see each other, because I was already trapped in the nursery for the evening by 7pm.

In The Happy Sleeper child sleep experts Heather Turgeon and Julie Wright show parents how to be sensitive and nurturing, but also clear and structured so that babies and young children develop the self-soothing skills they need to fall asleep independently, sleep through the night, take healthy naps, and grow into natural, optimal sleep patterns for day and night. We will help you understand how good, natural sleep and maintaining a strong, nurtured bond, both develop naturally and work together rather than in opposition. I was dead against crying to sleep, but I was at the end of my rope and more importantly, my baby wasn't getting the sleep she needed.Many studies have shown that even after a modest decrease in sleep, the brain's prefrontal cortex (the hub of executive function) becomes less active. Heather and Julie are psychotherapists and authors of the best-selling baby sleep book, The Happy Sleeper. This is a good option if your baby is 0-3 months old, because in the 0-4 month class, you’ll learn the Health Sleep Habits, along with the Soothing Ladder and other techniques for encouraging self-soothing, and then, when your baby is 4. It’s not because you’ve trained her or tricked her into sleeping well, it’s because she’s able to practice and develop her natural, innate ability to sleep.

Since that's working for now I just use it as an excuse to sit down and read and get some snuggles in.I'll update this in 20 years if she turns out to be a serial killer because we traumatized her, but right now I'm feeling pretty good about it. Mindfulness - the practice of using focused attention, being present and open - has proven effective in many realms of health and serves as the foundation for the techniques in this audiobook. This is why we use the term “attunement” instead of “attach- ment”—so we can be clear about the goal.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop