FREE Shipping

Taxi

RRP: £3
Price: £1.5
£1.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

When Ferry was asked about the album, he said "Since I started work on the Taxi album, everything has gone great for me. Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary. Rob Sheffield wrote in his three-star review of the album that " Taxi is a consistently inspired set that ranges from 'Amazing Grace' to 'All Tomorrow's Parties.

As ‘Taxi’ nears its 30th anniversary in March 2023 we are reminded of Bryan Ferry’s long tradition of reimagining songs from across the history of music, free from the bounds of genre and time.Bryan Ferry’s eighth solo studio album ‘Taxi’ is being re-issued for the very first time since its initial release in March 1993.

Bryan Ferry is an artist who, by his own admission, suffers frequent crises of confidence in his own music, and has junked whole albums that he feels do not meet his exacting standards. Reviewing for Entertainment Weekly, critic David Browne wrote of the album: "Few of the remakes have the decadent, jaunty verve of his covers albums of the '70s. The sound is clearer and has more power from the first time it was put out , also if you love OLYMPIA you will love playing this CD . But that's okay, since Ferry appears to be aiming for something else: beautifully eerie mood music for the lovesick vampire in us all. Whenthe album was originally released, in the early nineties, I played it a couple of times, and filed it, without it making a great impression on me.A patron funded not for profit record label, we are an ethics first business who believe in gender equality and fair pay for all. The unlikely pairing of Ferry and bluesy guitarist Robin Trower works particularly well, the sound is full and atmospheric, and Ferry is in fine voice throughout. Originally released in 1993, the album sees Ferry continue in his rich vein of sophisticated and contemporary cover versions of classic rock, pop and soul songs, forging his reputation as the greatest living interpreter of the popular song. No rights societies appear on the artwork of this UK manufactured version unlike several similar European versions.

Bryan Ferry’s eighth solo studio album Taxi is being repressed and made available for the first time on limited edition yellow vinyl. Select "Album" in the "Tipo" field, type "Bryan Ferry" in the "Artista" field, type "Taxi" in the "Titolo" field and press "cerca". I'm a huge Ferry fan but kinda stopped listening at just about the time this album came out-anyway, I've been going back and getting familiar with these later records and I gotta say, this one is right up there with his best.Recue Me' is cool, and I find his almost robotic take on the hymnal 'Amazing Grace' utterly mesmerising. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.

You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. The first 3 cuts are killer and there's only one let up, for me, on the entire CD and that's the title song-which is still excellent but in comparison to the other tracks, it's the my least favorite. The ‘Taxi’ album features his refined, inspired interpretations of Screamin’ Jay Hawkins’ ‘I Put A Spell On You’, Goffin and King’s ‘Will You Love Me Tomorrow’ and Lou Reed’s ‘All Tomorrow’s Parties’. He also revisits one of his biggest influence - The Velvet Underground - with a version of 'All Tomorrow's Parties', from their first album.

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop