Secret Gardens of the Cotswolds: Volume 1

Secret Gardens of the Cotswolds: Volume 1

RRP: £20.00
Price: £10
£10 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

For Dr Swire "the truth is very simple but the consequences of trying to conceal the truth are very complicated". He keeps the evidence he has collected in cardboard folders in a metal filing cabinet in an office in the Cotswolds home he shares with his wife Jane. Victoria and Hugo use their local knowledge and passion to spectacular effect, getting right under the skin of each garden and family who owns it...this enchanting book depicts paradise found’ I felt that he was alone somewhere and yet when I came here, he wasn't alone," says Mrs Ciulla, her friend Mrs Connell's arm around her shoulder. "Mine was actually... a nice story." In 2009, al Megrahi was released from a Scottish jail on compassionate grounds after he was diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer, having spent just nine years behind bars.

The historic town of Wotton-under-Edge sits within the Cotswolds Area of Natural Beauty, in the undiscovered south Cotswolds. The ‘edge’ refers to the Cotswold escarpment, under which the town nestles, overlooking the Severn valley.

About

For over 30 years Scottish police and prosecutors have continued the search for evidence. This work has not yet concluded and there remain Libyan co-conspirators under active investigation. I was very shaken up psychologically by the fact I knew al Megrahi was innocent, and the authorities protected her killers." The couple have formed a lasting friendship with his widow Mary Lou Ciulla and daughter Michelle Ciulla Lipkin, who are greeted with warm smiles and hugs as they step into their home from the Scottish drizzle.

Dr Swire, tall and slim with a full head of white hair, is measured as he recalls the kindness of the pathologist who allowed him to see his daughter's body in the local ice rink, where the post-mortems were being carried out.

Connect with us Online

This delightful combination of informative text with beautiful images which conjure up each garden to perfection, is the ideal companion for a chilly February afternoon, or indeed a lazy summer afternoon spent planning the next inspiring garden visit.' Focusing on the counties of Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire, this stunning book features gardens designed by some of the leading contemporary garden designers from across the world.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop