Sony PlayStation 4 1TB Console - Black

Sony PlayStation 4 1TB Console - Black

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It’s slightly pricier than Seagate’s official drive, which offers similar speed, but the P10 has a more gregarious design and an extra year of warranty coverage.

Unfortunately, the P40 is one of the more expensive options up and down this list, particularly because it's a recent release from one of the biggest names in storage. In terms of internal options, we'd recommend the Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, or, if you're watching your pennies, the Seagate 1TB Gaming SSHD ST1000LM014.

These sit on its sides, and can be released using the same Phillips screwdriver you used to free the HDD frame. However, if you've got a shiny new PS5, you can only upgrade internally with an SSD, but PS4 games will run off an external HDD.

This is no problem for SSDs, but it does prove to be a little limiting as many 4TB hard drives are a shade too chunky. Regardless, this is definitely one of the best external hard drives on the market if you want a portable solution for gaming, work, or content creation. You have a few options here, you can find an external SSD with good transfer speeds (like USB-C external drives), which have become more affordable of late. The X8 uses NVMe SSD hardware and its USB Type-C connection is packaged along with a Type-C to Type-A adapter, so it can be used instantly with the PS4. When I’m not testing out every peripheral I can get my hands on, I’m probably either playing tennis or dissecting game design for an upcoming video essay.

It takes the speedy specs and robust design of the P50 and carries both over to a small form factor body that makes use of some lovely ambient RGB lighting. Once you're happy you're not about to wipe out your gaming history, make sure there's no disc in the drive and turn the PS4 off completely (not standby).

As a result, if you're after something that offers good value, want to upgrade from an existing HDD to SSD to ensure you get that better and faster performance without number chasing too much, and you want something robust then this is a great contender. The 2TB capacity means that you’ll get loads of extra space even if the games you install don’t benefit from the flash memory portion of the drive, and it’ll certainly never be slower than the PS4’s internal drives. All content, games titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. The 2000MB/s speed you see on the box is as good as you'll get in an external hard drive, but in reality, it translates to some great load times and transfer speeds on PS5 and PC.This is such a good SATA-type SSD, that I'm even considering it for my PS3 to breathe new life and durability into that console! Differences in other titles aren’t so noticeable – we’re talking just a second or two with Resident Evil 2 – but this is a great HDD if you want your PS4 library close to hand, or want to make the most of PS+ Extra. All you’ve got to do is figure out which one you need – and then start downloading and installing your favorite games. Seagate’s SSD hardware is fast and attractive, and it’ll saturate the PS4 ports to the point where it’s overkill. The Seagate FireCuda Gaming SSD combines customizable RGB LEDs with bold, monolithic design – it’s unmistakeably a gaming product.

Build quality and weight are both good, and performance levels are great – it’s about twice as quick as the Samsung. We’ve done the numbers to find out which drive is the best option, whether you’re looking for an all-round option, a budget product or a super-fast SSD. If you've ever thought to upgrade your PS4 hard drive, it may be due to the issue of constantly deleting games to make space.Interface type: Any USB 3 drive of almost any size will work; 250GB is the minimum capacity and a whopping 8TB the maximum.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop