100 Best Songs from Musicals

100 Best Songs from Musicals

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Did your favourites make the Top 100? Don’t forget to let us know your thoughts in the Comments section below. 100. Fun Home The best-selling album of 2007 was this chart-topping behemoth from the Disney Channel. Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, and the rest of the "High School Musical" cast belted out a number of instant hits. More than just a stateside stunner, the album was a massive success around the world. In fact, India's Times Music released its own Hindi language two-disc special edition, which contained extra songs inspired by the film performed by trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy.

Over the past few months, we’ve invited you to take part in our first poll to choose the Top 100 Greatest Musicals. Tens of thousands of votes were made and the competition was fierce. Votes came in from musical lovers around the globe, some of you were extremely specific even going down to the productions you liked. In many cases, just a single vote separated each show. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. Elizabeth Cotten got her belated break in 1957 at the grand old age of 62 when her shimmering guitar playing talents were finally spotted by the Seeger family. She’d actually written the mesmeric ‘Freight Train’ when she was 12 – after 50 years in mothballs, it was soon covered by artists including country star Chet Atkins and folkie Joan Baez. LA vocal group The Platters made their name with this – their second and biggest hit, a US No.1 and UK No.5. A showy and expansive number, ‘The Great Pretender’ inevitably found favour with Freddie Mercury who once more took it into the UK top 5 in 1987, out-camping The Platters no doubt but possibly not wringing out similar emotion.Over the course of six seasons, the hit TV show "Glee" paid tribute to a slew of popular artists, including Madonna. On the adjoining EP release—which reached #1 on the Billboard 200—the cast covered classic tunes "Like a Prayer,""Express Yourself,""Vogue," and "Like a Virgin." It was the first EP released from the show, followed by 10 others. Penned by Jimmy Webb (who also wrote ‘Galveston’), this was another tale of blue-collar blues. Framed by producer Al DeLory’s wistful orchestration, Campbell’s honey-soaked croon perfectly captured the sadness of a long distance telephone lineman. The songwriting team of Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman wrote the music for "Mary Poppins," winning two Academy Awards and a Grammy. A supremely talented cast brought their melodies and lyrics to life, with memorable songs like '"A Spoonful of Sugar,""Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," and "Chim Chim Cher-ee." The result is pure whimsical magic. Disney's "Pocahontas" represented a qualitative step down from previous hits like "The Lion King" and "Beauty and the Beast," but that didn't mean it couldn't still provide fans with a timeless tune. "Colors of the Wind" won Best Original Song at the 1996 Academy Awards. The song was written by Stephen Schwartz and Alan Menken, sung by Judy Kuhn in the film, and by Vanessa Williams during the end credits—and on the hit single. This was the second song Robert Johnson ever recorded, but its creation has also been attributed to Elmore James. Either way, it’s the latter’s version that rules, and proves beyond dispute why the guy was dubbed “the king of slide guitar”.

Everything's Coming Up Roses" from Gypsy. 52. "Ring of Keys" from Fun Home. 53. "For Forever" from Dear Evan Hansen. 54. "Friend Like Me" from Aladdin. 55. "Summertime" from Porgy and Bess. 56. "I Am What I Am" from La Cage Aux Folles. 57. "I Know Him So Well" from Chess. 58. "If I Loved You" from Carousel. 59. "La Vie Boheme" from Rent. 60. "Take Me Or Leave Me" from Rent. 61-70The first season of Disney's "Hannah Montana" introduced audiences to Miley Stewart (Miley Cyrus), her alter-ego, and her collection of killer songs. Both the music and series were instant hits, paving the way for a popular franchise. On the initial release, Cyrus sings eight songs and performs a duet with dad, Billy Ray. Its only single, "Best of Both Worlds," was also the show's theme song.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop