Look into my eyes: Book 1 (Ruby Redfort)

£4.495
FREE Shipping

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

My first Ruby Redfort book, but certainly it won't be the last one! I will be getting this whole series. Maybe, I will wait until summer and my vacation, so I can eat, um read, these while relaxing in the sun (at least I hope it will be sunny :P).

I really loved this book, I am giving extra points for the fact that this takes place in a time before we had cellphones, before internet, before anything really fancy actually. The kids use pay phones, or the landline, Ruby and Clancy have a secret code and leave notes. If they want to research something they use their brains, and in Ruby's case lots of books. It was something that I loved. So many detective stuff these days are full of people just googling stuff and figuring it out within the blink of an eye, while with this one you actually had fun seeing the characters struggle and think about the answers. En este libro el misterio a resolver tiene que ver con el océano, monstruos marinos, piratas, tesoros perdidos y un viejo enemigo. Hey, buster! Normal life is a total yawn. So break out of boredom with multi-million-copy bestselling author Lauren Child, and meet your new favourite heroine… Ruby Redfort: detective, secret agent, thirteen-year-old kid. There was one thing I didn't particularly like and that was how some of the conversations suddenly went italic. It was a bit confusing, one moment you would be reading normal and then italics. And it didn't happen with each conversation, so eh.

The thing is… I love Lauren Child. Love her. I know I already said that, but there is something (or many somethings) that I really like about her and her style and her voice. From her children’s book illustrations to the spunky attitude of all her characters, I have been caught by the whole shebang hook, line, and sinker. So perhaps its not for everyone, but it is for me. And it is for plenty of people. Especially Brits? Maybe. But Charlie and Lola hold their own here in the US. anyway, i can imagine that this book could be very appealing to my twelve-year-old self, so probably any twelve to thirteen-year-old right now can find it interesting. Tigers are roaming the streets, and it looks like someone has deliberately released some very rare and very dangerous animals. Things are going to get wild – and Ruby is going to get badly lost in the wilderness. The question is: will she ever make it out alive? My only criticism of this book would be how Ruby's attitude is presented. For all those who were hoping it would improve it doesn't seem to have changed!

There are now six books in the series. Book 1 in the Ruby Redfort series is Look Into My Eyes and you’ll need to start there to find out about her beginnings as an agent and read through to the thrilling conclusion in Blink and You Die when we say goodbye to Ruby. I loved how everything came together in the end. How even some things I didn't expect had something to do with the bigger picture! It was definitely a moment that made me go AH!! and look startled. I won't spoil what all those things are of course or what the bigger picture is in the end, you will have to read on your own. Lauren Child MBE is an English author and illustrator. She was the UK Children's Laureate from 2017-19.I got slightly irritated by that. I don’t know whether it is meant to make me laugh. I mean, come one, Ruby! Who cares what he’s doing? Did you really have to make a conversation out of that? The villains names are all cheesy and corny. Count von Viscount, Lorelei von Leyden, Babyface Marshall. I am definitely curious to other criminals, do they all have such cheesy names? Hitch was awesome, I loved how he was a secret agent, but also a butler/house keeper. He really reminded me of Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji. He is a perfect butler with a double agenda. I loved how caring and protective he was about Ruby. I would see him not only as a butler, or a house keeper, but also as one of her friends.

Este es el segundo libro de la saga Ruby Redfort y aunque a mi parecer le faltó un poco en la trama no decepciona pues mantiene la esencia del primer libro.Child has also written 3 other books to the series, 'Take Your Last Breath' and 'Catch Your Death' and 'Feel The Fear,’ Available soon. Another scene was when Ruby pointed out that Clancy, her best friend, used the word ‘sweethearts’ in an ‘old lady-type’ of way. I really don’t care, just let him say that. He’s still awesome! Just because he used ‘sweethearts’ in a different ‘uncool’ context, doesn’t mean you need to point it out! The thing is… my daughter doesn’t like them. She is a fan of fantasy and mystery and also very much of mixed-up fairy tales. Ruby Redfort falls into the secret agent mystery category. Although not a big fan of Clarice Bean, I thought Windsor would like these more because of the mystery. But she has set them aside, twice, to continue plowing through yet another mixed-up fairy tale series (even though I found the other series inferior…) and has yet to finish even the first one. Lauren Child is such a great author, I recommend this book to those who like mystery novels, adventure books and an interesting read. Another great instalment to the Ruby Redfort series! To think that it is the supposed second-to-last novel!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop