LEGO Creator Tulips Set 40461

LEGO Creator Tulips Set 40461

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Celebrate spring or any special occasion with these LEGO® Tulips (40461). They're the perfect gift for Mother's Day or just to let someone know how much they're cherished. The easy-to-assemble set comes with 3 blooms – 1 white, 1 purple and 1 yellow – with bright green leaves to symbolize the fresh new life of spring. With length-adjustable stems they can be displayed in most vases. The set can also be combined with LEGO Roses (40460) and the LEGO Flower Bouquet (10280). It’s a very reasonable price, and with plenty of seasonal opportunity coming up it unfortunately appears destined to be yet another LEGO.com/ LEGO Store-exclusive that’s slightly challenging to get hold of. — Pictures —

LEGO MOC Tulips by Oblivion85 | Rebrickable - Build with LEGO LEGO MOC Tulips by Oblivion85 | Rebrickable - Build with LEGO

It’s interesting to note that each flower makes use of two lime green 2×2 round plates, with the third closely matching the colour of the petals. The exception is the lavender tulip, which unfortunately repeats the yellow plate – most likely because a 2×2 round plate doesn’t exist in lavender at the time of writing this review. It’s not a major eyesore by any means, but it does seem like a missed opportunity for a new element re-colour. With two leaves allocated per flower, the assembly line of stems is complete and once inserted into the flower heads, LEGO 40461 Tulips is ready for display. — Characters — This set builds two red roses which are very similar to those in 10280 Flower Bouquet. The medium nougat flowers in that used two different types of 4-wide car bonnets whereas this one uses the same one for the eight outer petals. The pterodactyl wing leaves have been replaced with a green NEXO Knight canopies which I think are more suitable.There's a whole big thing on what flowers, their color and their numbers mean what. There is traditional (ie Victorian) and then modern. Some overlap and some don't. " Within each of the botanical-themed sets from the LEGO Group in 2021, the leaves have been represented by an assortment of techniques and elements, with 40461 Tulips employing the use of a Hero Factory blade/weapon for the job. First introduced in 2014 and appearing in no less than 44 sets since then, the Hero Factory weapon makes its debut in bright green for this set. Show someone how special they are with this LEGO® Tulips (40461) building kit. Makes the perfect Mother's Day or just-because gift. As depicted on the front of the box there are three tulips included within the set, each one in a unique but altogether cohesive and spring-appropriate colour palette of white, bright light yellow and lavender.

LEGO Iconic 40461 Tulips review, verdict and gallery

These sets present an affordable entry to the new botanical collection and look beautiful and realistic when placed in an attractive vase, although I don't think the two varieties display that well together. It's not normal to do so anyway, at least not in our house! In addition to the two 18+ botanical sets, 10280 Flower Bouquet and 10281 Bonsai Tree that we reviewed recently, two smaller ones with a younger age rating have also been released, 40460 Roses and 40461 Tulips, just in time for Valentine's Day.The leaves are re-purposed claws introduced in HERO Factory sets in 2014, design 15362. It's the first time they've been cast in green. The way they are connected looks slightly awkward but most likely they'll be inside the vase and out of sight anyway. The roses could be just the thing to buy for your other half on Valentine's Day, especially as it could save a non-essential trip out nearer the time. The three herbaceous bulbiferous geophytes share the same design DNA as all the other flowers in the botanical collection but are the only ones with lime-green stems, formed using 3-long Technic connectors which in that colour are unique to this set. Celebrate spring or any special occasion with these LEGO® Tulips (40461). They’re the perfect gift for Mother’s Day or just to let someone know how much they’re cherished. The easy-to-assemble set comes with 3 blooms – 1 white, 1 purple and 1 yellow – with bright green leaves to symbolize the fresh new life of spring. With length-adjustable stems they can be displayed in most vases.

LEGO 40461 Tulips Instructions, Creator LEGO 40461 Tulips Instructions, Creator

Each head has a light orange interior and a brown 3-stem flower stalk inside to represent the stamen. If the LEGO Group is hoping to grow its adult market with these gateway models, then it’s definitely going the right way about it. 40461 Tulips is a satisfyingly simple build, but the end result is aesthetically pleasing – and if you already own either of the other flower models from 2021, you’re going to want to add this set to your collection.

Verdict

One of the stems comes with two angled connectors but I've removed one of them for the photo below. Bent stems tends to suggest stale flowers. The stems are constructed using the same straight and angled Technic connectors as in the larger set, which can be shortened, straightened, or lengthened as needed by adding and/or replacing parts.to suit the vase you're using. In my opinion the red roses are a better colour and a better design than those in the larger set so you might want to swap them out if you have the 18+ bouquet. Personally I like both of these better. Growing up my parents owned a florist shop. As a result I am far more familiar with flowers then many. Nearly all long stem roses are red. White and yellow are next most common colors. It would be uncommon to have leaves and thorns on roses that have been arranged in the US. Those are normally cut off by the arranger/designer. The leaves are closer to real life in own opinion, although still not totally there. But there are good details. Personally I would have liked tighter rose heads rather than more open.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop