The Wind in the Willows

The Wind in the Willows

RRP: £25.00
Price: £12.5
£12.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Born in Sussex, England, at the age of eight Moore emigrated with her family to Australia, where she went to school in Adelaide. She has said that at the age of fourteen her favourite book was James Boswell’s The Journal of a Tour to the Hebrides. [2] Wind in the Willows Print - Nursery Decor Books - Childrens Books - Wall Art Kids Gifts for Children #vi225

Wind in the Willows, 1908-2008 The Illustrators of The Wind in the Willows, 1908-2008

As of 2010, Moore was still living and working in Gloucestershire. Following her version of The Wind in the Willows, she is reported to be working on a sequel. [2] Books by Inga Moore [ edit ] Like most classics from pre-television years, The Wind in the Willows can be daunting for many children, but Moore's pictures generously ­illuminate that forest of words at every opening. For many illustrators today "less is more", but she is no minimalist and her illustrations are "wall to wall". With its wit, charm and finesse, and its atmospheric use of colour, her work rewards endless exploration. urn:lcp:adventuresofmrto0000grah:epub:d0aa9aeb-2968-44b0-a426-f3f086c8a797 Foldoutcount 0 Identifier adventuresofmrto0000grah Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t1fk25145 Invoice 1652 Isbn 0744555264 Born in Sussex but brought up in Australia from the age of eight, Moore feels a powerful attachment to the English countryside. Her school in ­Adelaide had an impressive library where all the children's books (mostly British) were uniformly leather bound. At 14 her favourite was Boswell's account of Dr Johnson's travels in the Hebrides.In a beautiful single volume, Inga Moore’s magical illustrations bring Kenneth Grahame’s much-loved classic to life for a new generation of readers. a b c d e Joanna Carey, “Inga Moore, illustrator of The Wind in the Willows”, in The Guardian dated 5 February 2010 These are so delicate Lixie, thanks for sharing them with us. It fascinates me that she doesn’t have a web presence, though it fits with her old world charm. I believe there is room for the beautiful older illustrations (have you ever encountered JRR Tolkien’s “Father Christmas Letters?), but I also delight in diverse interpretations. I have a collection of about a dozen Alice in Wonderland’s. For each spread she photocopies her original drawings, then works on them with a mixture of pencil, ink, watercolour, crayon, pastel, even oil paint – "anything that works". With intricate textural variations and masses of engrossing detail, she achieves a realism that is unusual today, and those warm, underground kitchens have never been more invitingly portrayed. Landscape painting holds a particular fascination for Moore, and she has reproductions of impressionist paintings pinned up all over the place. "I'm hoping some of the genius will rub off on me."

Wind In The Willows Bind Up : Kenneth Grahame, Inga Moora Wind In The Willows Bind Up : Kenneth Grahame, Inga Moora

Ms. Moore works eclectically, through a multi-layered approach, using graphite and coloured pencils, Indian ink, watercolour and even oil paints.I duplicate the original post with only minor corrections in the text and some tags added]: [Pala late –Ari: mrni jagorri– , kai kamlas “E Balval ande le Selchinde”… Me xalem lako ilo!] Ocr tesseract 4.1.1 Ocr_detected_lang en Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Latin Ocr_detected_script_conf 0.9173 Ocr_module_version 0.0.6 Ocr_parameters -l eng Old_pallet IA19874 Openlibrary_edition Another turning point was Raymond Briggs's book Father Christmas (1973). "It was uplifting, life-enhancing, and I realised that making a picture book was one of the finest things one could aspire to." She got started as an illustrator and in the early 80s, inspired by childhood memories, returned to England. I have tortuous memories of trying to read this eons ago, but now I want to get a copy *just* for the illustrations! They’re – wow…. not the horrible, heavy, and depressing things that were in my copy. A thousand kissies to you!

The Wind in the Willows TeachingBooks | The Wind in the Willows

Keep collections to yourself or inspire other shoppers! Keep in mind that anyone can view public collections - they may also appear in recommendations and other places.Truly lovely illustrations. When you said ‘the story looks like this, and no other way’, I know just what you mean. It appalls me when the classic book illustrations are done over in modern re-issues, such as the Peter Rabbit series, or Alice in Wonderland… it’s practically criminal, so painful to even see. This natural empathy is the key to her anthropomorphic wizardry. Like Beatrix Potter, she has an easy understanding of anatomy which allows her to give the animals human characteristics (and clothes) without sentimentalising or ridiculing them (except for Toad who, although always sensitively drawn, is never knowingly underplayed). Eloquent in stance and gesture, the animals express themselves physically as well as they do verbally.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop