Punisher Max: The Complete Collection Vol. 3 (The Punisher (2004-2009))

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Brothers, David (2010-12-28). "The 10 Top Marvel Comics Coming in March 2011". ComicsAlliance . Retrieved 2021-05-19. I’m having a love affair with Jason Aaron these days. His Thor: God of Thunder series really blew my mind, and this solidifies it for me; this guy knows how to make violence work! There was so much darkness between these covers. Created by Gerry Conway, John Romita Sr., and Ross Andru, The Punisher is a Marvel anti-hero who made his first appearance in The Amazing Spider-Man #129 in February 1974. At the time, he was just a bloodthirsty vigilante hired to make Spider-Man’s life miserable. Punisher distinguished himself from the other characters by having no objection to killing people, something that superheroes don’t do. And he was determined to kill Spidey, wanted for the apparent murder of Norman Osborn.

PUNISHERMAX #7". Comic Book Roundup. Archived from the original on 2017-08-12 . Retrieved 2017-07-08. How times have changed -- finally under Marvel's Max Comics division the character is now fully, appropriately and explicitly presented in all his crazed-but-calm vigilante-justice glory. Violence, language and other NC-17 content that would / could barely be implied in a mainstream comic circa '93 is presented in an up close and personal, blood and guts style in this outstanding edition. The Third arc is "Kitchen Irish". This time the same mix of previously mentioned elements combine into a tale about two British operatives working with Frank to bring to justice some IRA terrorists that set off a bomb in Hells Kitchen. A really interesting and dark tale that works well with the addition of the British operatives working next to Frank.PUNISHERMAX #15". Comic Book Roundup. Archived from the original on 2017-08-12 . Retrieved 2017-07-08. Garth Ennis left the title after issue #60. The last issues were written by Gregg Hurwitz (#61–65), Duane Swierczynski (#66–70), and Victor Gischler (#71–75). First, the Punisher „Born”, which is a sort of origin story. This story is quite interesting, to be perfectly honest, but it goes nowhere. Then it is followed by an unrelated ending story, and then it's followed by „Kitchen Irish”, a gory story about some Irish terrorists and other similar things.

In 2008 Ennis ended his five-year run on Punisher MAX to debut a new Marvel title, War Is Hell: The First Flight of the Phantom Eagle.PUNISHERMAX #11". Comic Book Roundup. Archived from the original on 2017-08-12 . Retrieved 2017-07-08. Punisher: The Complete Collection Vol. 7 collects PunisherMAX issues 1-22 written by Jason Aaron with art by Steve Dillon. Between 2010 and 2021, Jason Aaron wrote the second ongoing series of Punisher under the MAX imprint, who took its distance from Ennis’ work and put Frank Castle against MAX versions of popular Marvel supervillains such as The Kingpin, Bullseye, and Elektra. The Punisher: The Complete Colllection Vol. 4 collects issues The Punisher 50-60, Barracuda Max 1-5, The Punisher: Tyger, The Punisher: The Cell, and The Punisher: The End written by Garth Ennis and art by Goran Parlov, Howard Chaykin, John Severin, Lewis LaRosa, and Richard Corben. Collects Punisher: Soviet (2019) #1-6. A little bit out of continuity and doesn’t take into account Jason Aaron’s run on The Punisher.

February 2012 Comic Book Sales Figures". comichron.com. The Comics Chronicles . Retrieved 2017-07-08.I loved this collection and it's my favorite take on the Punisher. It also probably has my favorite Punisher story. The next arc is more serious where Frank goes to stop basically a warmonger who he didn't finish off before. This also leads to old friends, lots of betrayals, and some actual sad deaths. All of this worked and the ending to the arc was pretty good. A little long but good.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop