But What Can I Do?: Why Politics Has Gone So Wrong, and How You Can Help Fix It

But What Can I Do?: Why Politics Has Gone So Wrong, and How You Can Help Fix It

RRP: £22.00
Price: £11
£11 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I strongly favour lowering the voting age, compulsory voting, and political education in schools, including primary schools, just on the basics of what politics is and why it matters. Only to be reminded by a summarized bulleted list forcing you to reflect on all the wisdom of the prior chapter. It probably is a bit of a campaign” he says, reflecting on the many conversations he’s had with young people up and down the country.

But What Can I Do?: Why Politics Has Gone So Wrong - WHSmith

In 2012, Campbell made his first appearance in an acting role with a small part in an episode of the BBC drama Accused. In November 2021 Campbell was featured in the BBC series Winter Walks, walking in the Yorkshire Dales along Ribblesdale, from a waterfall above the market town of Settle, to Catrigg Force near Stainforth, 5mi (8. It is aimed at anyone who feels angry and frustrated and is looking to channel their anger and frustration to make change. He put Downing Street briefings on record for the first time, and although he was only identified as "The Prime Minister's Official Spokesman", he became one of the most high-profile and written about figures in British politics, earning the epithet "the real deputy Prime Minister".For Campbell, contemporary political dialogue has been insidiously corrupted by a divisive culture of ad hominem argument, ignored malfeasance and the shrewd promulgation of falsehoods designed to sustain the influence of elitist dissemblers at the expense of the societal good. Campbell was part of Tony Blair's core team that conducted the negotiations that led to the Good Friday Agreement in Northern Ireland, and he has been honoured by several Irish universities for his role in the peace process. The House of Lords surely has to go as part of this change, and be replaced by something that reflects the need for greater devolution to the regions and nations of the UK.

Podcast | Alastair Campbell Podcast | Alastair Campbell

In 2010, Gordon Brown offered him a senior ministerial position alongside a peerage, but Campbell is a long-standing opponent of the House of Lords. It emerged McGuinness was helping Campbell with a novel which had an IRA active service unit as part of the plot. Campbell became a central figure in the handling of the aftermath of Princess Diana's death after the head of the royal household, the Earl of Airlie, asked Tony Blair to second Campbell to help prepare the funeral, saying they knew it would have to be different. The panel debate, But what can I do now, in conversation with Alistair Campbell, took place at UCL's Bloomsbury Theatre on Thursday 5th October, 2023.

He created a Strategic Communications Unit which gave Downing Street the power to co-ordinate all government activity, using what became known as "the grid" as its main apparatus. In 2007, he appeared on Comic Relief Does the Apprentice as project manager, having several clashes with Piers Morgan including his comment of "again? Campbell wrote a piece criticising the chairman of Open Britain, Roland Rudd, after Rudd unilaterally decided to sack two key campaign officials on the eve of the 2019 UK general election.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop