Food Isn’t Medicine

Food Isn’t Medicine

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Even if they cite a scientific study as proof of their claims, this doesn’t mean those claims are legitimate. D., is a nutritional biochemist at the Richardson Center for Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals in the Department of Human Nutritional Sciences at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg and an expert adviser with EvidenceNetwork. Not because I didn’t like the book – I really did – but I was nervous about what people would say and think. Instead of leaving the "fault" of someone from negativity, either society or himself, the author idly keeps the notion of fault repressed and "frees" it from the reader. With so many competing and contradictory ideas being banded about it's nice to have someone explain it all in an unbiased neutral way.

I suffered with really bad acne and incredibly heavy and painful periods that put me in the ER with no answers. I've recently started working in a GP practice and took part in a pilot scheme for a "Whole life" course, with Drs who are very anti-meat etc and threw lots of evidence at us about the risks. I finished listening to the audiobook feeling upbeat about what I could achieve on a personal level. For anyone that’s interested I did break out of these patterns and now practice an intuitive eating approach! Josh's desire to educate others stands upon a foundation of compassion that we might experience more freedom and take our opportunity to question the damaging messages we so easily absorb.Pseudoscience and quackery love the food-is-medicine philosophy because it helps them sell their nutritional supplements, diet books, and therapy sessions. It’s a difficult balance to strike between making your book accessible but not juvenile and he does it well. I have multiple chronic health issues which complicate my relationship with my body already, I absolutely do not need to add moralising its size, shape, or weight to the list thankyouverymuch. When Hippocrates may have suggested that food is medicine, most people who became sick with a serious ailment died. This is definitely a book I want to listen to again and would also be great to go back over specific chapters to keep me on the right path whenever 'nutribollocks' is trying to creep into my brain.

Josh’s desire to educate others stands upon a foundation of compassion that we might experience more freedom and take our opportunity to question the damaging messages we so easily absorb.The prevalence of falsehoods about keto, for example, are so prominent currently that a whole chapter is dedicated to addressing them. We all want to be in this constant state of moving towards something BETTER- our bodies are better, our minds need to be better, we need to be evolving into the next version of ourselves and if we don't, that's on us. A healthy diet overall is going to decrease the probability of you developing any number of medical problems because you’ll be an overall healthier person,” Labos said. Overall, a useful book for anyone who has believed what they have read online and is terrified of food!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop