Grow Fins: Rarities (1965-1982)

Grow Fins: Rarities (1965-1982)

RRP: £101
Price: £50.5
£50.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I think SaM was trying to be commercial but not crassly so - I certainly prefer it to the Stones early 'blues' albums. The closest to a Best Of collection as we are likely to see, this career-spanning set corrals rare tracks from a variety of sources (band members' personal archives, live tracks, demos, worktapes, radio spots) along with over 30 minutes of Enhanced CD footage of live performances, 112 pages of text and never-before-published photos, the complete Trout Mask Replica house sessions, and John 'Drumbo' French's "colorful" history of the band. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is obvious that it will happen or if at the time of the sale of the Lot, we, you and the Seller knew it might happen. I consider this period to be Beefheart's most underrated, as the incredible "Mirror Man Sessions" plainly proves. If you bid on a Lot, including by telephone and online bidding, or by placing a commission bid, we assume that you have carefully inspected the Lot and satisfied yourself regarding its condition and authenticity.

This was released by Revenant in March 1999 as a taster to the Grow Fins set, and is very tasty indeed. I was 18 when I became aware of him visually from the Storm Thorgerson "Classic Album Covers of the 60s" book. Since we are still in the SAM discussion portion of this thread and this was my first and favorite Captain Beefheart CD I ever bought. A special vinyl edition was also released on Table Of The Elements containing 6 LPs, a a poster and a 24 page libretto. Our descriptions of the Lot will be based on: (a) information provided to us by the Seller of the Lot (for which we are not liable); and (ii) our opinion (although it is likely that we will not be able to carry out a detailed inspection of each Lot).

if you do not pay us within 7 days of your successful bid, we may charge interest at a rate not exceeding 1. In my opinion, the live footage of “Electricity” on the beach at the Cannes festival 1968 is one of the most awesome “music videos” of all time. as far as the Seller is aware, the main characteristics of the Lot set out in the auction catalogue (as amended by any notice displayed in the saleroom or announced by the Auctioneer at the auction) are correct.

Language - Regardless of country of origin all tracks are sung in English, unless otherwise stated in our description. Disc 1 mostly features some of the Captain's earliest recordings, when the band was a relatively normal blues outfit (couple of Howlin' Wolf covers and traditional-sounding originals). In addition to the above, neither we nor the Seller shall be responsible to you and you shall not be responsible to the Seller or us for any other loss or damage that any of us suffer that is not a foreseeable result of any of us not complying with the Conditions of Business. of the album's songs, without vocals, bringing the instrumental interplay into sharp focus, and showing just how painstakingly intentional all this musical madness was.Disc 5 is a hodgepodge of live material (including audio versions of some of the video from disc 4), radio recordings, and demos- too much of a hodgepodge to actually be very interesting to listen to in sequence.

Yes, the VCD should have been a DVD but the footage is still awesome and yes, better material could have been chosen for disc 5 but it still has plenty of fascinating nuggets like "Orange Claw Hammer" with Zappa on guitar and the live stuff from the TMR and "Decals" periods. Bidders will be deemed to act as principals, even if the Bidder is acting as an agent for a third party.Once, a trailer door opened and Aldous Huxley, author and LSD pioneer, appeared before Vliet’s disbelieving eyes.

The vinyl set libretto features all the notes and most of the pictures in the CD book and the CD set will not contain the poster. We will pay the proceeds of any such sale to you, but will deduct any storage charges or other sums that we have incurred in the storage and sale of the Lot. Waiver of a breach of any term of these Terms of Sale will not operate as a waiver of breach of any other term or any subsequent breach of that term.We normally act as an agent only and will not have any responsibility for default by you or the Seller (unless we are the Seller of the Lot).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop