The Definitive Book of Body Language: How to read others' attitudes by their gestures

£4.44
FREE Shipping

The Definitive Book of Body Language: How to read others' attitudes by their gestures

RRP: £8.88
Price: £4.44
£4.44 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Fourth, men were also presented as some sort of primitive grunting beasts ready to jump at each other's throats... OK, I am exaggerating, but the authors did seem to see them as very simplistic beings incapable of any kind of complex thoughts. (I find this particularly insulting.)

The Definitive Book of Body Language - Penguin Random House

You Say More Than You Think: A 7-Day Plan for Using the New Body Language to Get What You Want – Janine Driver, Mariska van AalstAgain, I think that most of the things mentioned in the paragraph above have a very high commercial value and while they might carry some form of truth (yes, there are differences between the two sexes), they have been exaggerated for the public, because this is what sells and this is what the public wants to hear/read. Roter DL, Frankel RM, Hall JA, Sluyter D. The expression of emotion through nonverbal behavior in medical visits. Mechanisms and outcomes. J Gen Intern Med. 2006;21 Suppl 1:S28-34. doi:10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00306.x That said, its style won’t be for everyone. The Peases use many examples from business and politics, so some might not find them applicable to everyday life. Pros

The Definitive Book of Body Language: The Hidden Meaning

One reason why polygraph examiners ask you questions like: “what is your name?”, is to get your baseline level of stress and other factors, answering a question you aren’t lying about. Crossing your arms could be comfortable, or it could be a sign of discomfort. Verbal communication conveys the most information about ourselves and others. It is the most influential and important aspect of our behavior when communicating. This relevance has led us to create the PDF collection of body language books that delves into the messages that our body expresses to the world. Marchak FM. Detecting false intent using eye blink measures. Front Psychol. 2013;4:736. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2013.00736 The only good parts of this book are the introductory paragraphs at the start of every chapter, too bad they only consist like five percent of the book. Given the author's life experience I was expecting a much more in-depth analysis of various non-verbal communications. What we are left with is the author simply laying out various actions and summing them up as being caused by stress 90 percent of the time. Drawing upon more than thirty years in the field, as well as cutting-edge research from evolutionary biology, psychology, and medical technologies that demonstrate what happens in the brain, the authors examine each component of body language and give you the basic vocabulary to read attitudes and emotions through behavior.

The fact that Navarro has two books on this list should tell you something about his authority. Much like the above book, this one also relies on his former FBI career. Even though humanity developed complex language to express thought, feeling, and fact, the words people used make up the smallest input of their message. Body language can tell you when someone feels anxious, angry, excited, or any emotion. It may also suggest personality traits (i.e., whether someone is shy or outgoing). But, body language can be misleading. It is subject to a person's mood, energy level, and circumstances. The Silent Language of Leaders: How Body Language Can Help or Hurt How You Lead – Carol Kinsey Goman, Ph.D.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop