Moorish: Vibrant recipes from the Mediterranean

Moorish: Vibrant recipes from the Mediterranean

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Put the spinach in a large bowl with the yoghurt, garlic, walnuts (reserving some for garnish), sumac, a little drizzle of olive oil and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Mix together well. Spread the mixture out on a flat plate and drizzle with more olive oil. Sprinkle with extra sumac and the reserved walnuts. Press the meat mixture into a shallow casserole or baking dish that is about 22cm/8½in in diameter to completely cover the base of the dish. Cook for 18 minutes, or until golden on top.

After completing her education, Ghayour was employed by restaurateurs such as Ken Hom and worked in corporate catering in the City of London for around fifteen years. [3]Heat a large saucepan over medium heat, drizzle in a little olive oil, and add the onion and cauliflower along with the ground cumin. Season well with salt and pepper, stir, then pour in the boiling water. Cover the pan with a lid and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked through. Remove from the heat. This dish is more than just a simple broth – it is a wonderfully hearty meal and offers a great way of using up vegetables. There are no rules – it should contain whatever you find lying around the house and in your fridge. Fluff the rice up with a fork and add a few extra knobs of butter. Fold in the chopped apricots, dried chopped cranberries, toasted pine nuts and pistachios. Grind the saffron (if using) with a pestle and mortar, then pour over the 2 tbsp of boiling water and leave to infuse. To make the harissa lime mayo, mix the mayonnaise ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.

Preheat two large saucepans or deep frying pans over a medium heat. Put the oil for cooking the chips into one pan, and the oil for frying the fish into the other. Bring the oil up to frying temperature, but do not allow it to smoke. Place the potatoes in one pan and begin to cook them. Bring a large saucepan of generously salted water to the boil, add the octopus, reduce the heat to medium-low immediately and simmer for 2 hours or, if using a whole octopus, for 3 hours. Drain and plunge the octopus into cold water. Radish, cucumber and red onion salad with mint and orange blossom dressing. Photograph: Liz & Max Haarala HamiltonPlace the sliced radishes in a large bowl. I like both the skin and the seeds of the cucumber, but if you prefer, you can peel the skin, then halve the cucumber lengthways and scoop out and discard the seeds. Slice each cucumber half thinly into half moons and add these along with the red onions to the bowl. Give everything a good mix. Ghayour and Lynn had a small ceremony, as per the pictures. There were limited people at their wedding dinner. Ghayour's two stepsons were also well-dressed for the occasion. Preheat a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Fill the pan with boiling water and add the rice with a generous handful of crumbled sea salt. Boil for 6-8 minutes until the rice is parboiled. You will know it is parboiled when the colour of the grains turns from the normal dullish white to a more brilliant white and the grains become slightly elongated and begin to soften. Sabrina Ghayour was born in Tehran, Iran, and moved to west London with her mother at the start of the 1979 Iranian revolution. [3] Career [ edit ]

Sabrina, who specializes in teaching Persian and Middle Eastern culinary classes across the country, has become the "go-to" girl for Persian and Middle Eastern recipes, history, and ingredient knowledge and is frequently called upon for her skill and understanding of the field.

Spice-rubbed spatchcocked poussin

Toast the breadcrumbs – either in the oven for 8 minutes at 180C/350F/gas mark 4, or in a preheated frying pan until they are golden brown. Then set them aside. Add the garlic, harissa, sugar and cinnamon and mix until combined. Add the tomatoes, mix everything together and cook for 20 minutes. Using a pastry brush, brush the exposed flesh sides of each aubergine wedge with a good amount of olive oil. Arrange the wedges, skin-sides down, on the prepared baking tray, then sprinkle liberally with the cumin seeds, ensuring some seeds land on the exposed flesh of the wedges. Roast for 45-60 minutes or until the aubergine wedges are golden brown, with dark, burnished edges. Arrange the wedges on a large, flat platter and season well with salt and pepper.

Sabrina Ghayour, a food writer and chef, is a married to her husband, Stephen Lynn. They recently celebrated their one-year anniversary. Preheat the oven to 230C/gas mark 8. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and shape each into a “boat” and place on the lined tray. Cover loosely with clingfilm and leave to rest in a warm place for 45-60 minutes. Middle Eastern food can be heavy and plentiful, so you need to pair it with light, refreshing dishes that cleanse the palate and aid digestion. This is just that kind of dish – it is a perfect accompaniment to heavy meat and poultry dishes, providing a lovely fresh flavour – and it looks beautiful, too. The lightly sweetened dressing works well, counteracting the acidity, and I just love the intense crunchiness of this salad.

Milo Manheim And Peyton Elizabeth Lee Dating: Are They Actually Together?

To cook the lamb mince, heat a large frying pan over a high heat and drizzle in enough vegetable oil to coat the base of the pan. Fry the onion until golden brown, then add the minced lamb and mix well to break down the meat and combine it with the onion. Add the turmeric, cumin and cinnamon and mix well until the spices evenly coat the meat. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the meat is brown and cooked through, then take off the heat and set aside. Roll the minced venison into roughly 2cm balls, to make approximately 30-32 mini meatballs. Heat a dry drying pan over a high head and once hot, add the mushrooms and stir-fry without an oil until all their liquid has been released and evaporated. Meanwhile, boil the eggs for 6 minutes. Drain them, then plunge them into iced water so you can peel the shell off easily when cooked. Halve the eggs and set them aside. Line your largest baking tray with baking paper. Mix the polenta, za’atar, garlic granules and a generous amount of salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Place the sweet potato chips on the prepared baking tray, drizzle over the olive oil and use your hands to mix until the chips are well coated in the oil. Sprinkle with the polenta mixture and toss to coat the chips evenly. Bake the sweet potato chips for 30 minutes or so, until the chips are soft in the middle and browning around the edges. When I was a kid, my grandma’s sister, who we called Mama Gohar, was the best cook I knew. Actually, she may well have been the only cook I knew, as my Mum didn’t cook and my grandmother never quite took to domesticity in the way her sister did. Colourful, hilarious, inappropriate and lovable she was; a cook she was not. But Mama Gohar’s mind-blowing cooking made up for it. Like us, she was Persian, but was married to an Iraqi man, which meant I got to try a whole load of other stuff too, like kibbeh halab (crunchy rice-based meatballs with spiced lamb and pine nuts) and dolmeh (meat‑stuffed vine leaves poached slowly in pomegranate molasses). Their busy household was always brimming with food to feed the masses – their five children, numerous grandkids and all the little gate crashers (like myself) who pilfered kibbeh and crispy fried onions from the stovetop, or pinched mini meatballs from the fridge.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop