Hamish and the WorldStoppers

Hamish and the WorldStoppers

RRP: £6.99
Price: £3.495
£3.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The story itself is book-ended by a collection of rather sardonic "excerpts" from the local newspaper, beautifully illustrated, and we step straight into Hamish's rapidly disintegrating world. La narración corre a cargo de Hamish, quien en primera persona nos cuenta su vida y la de otros personajes secundarios que lo ayudan a llevar la historia. In it, he describes how he spent six months "saying Yes where once I would have said No", to make his life more interesting and positive. No es el niño perfecto que estelariza la típica historia, es un niño normal y eso lo convierte en un personaje al que le puedes tomar cariño. Traditionally, hundreds of members travel to London for the meet-up and undertake good deeds for strangers, with Wallace present.

Hamish and the WorldStoppers (Paperback) - Waterstones

More Hamburger icon An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon. Cada que una pausa ocurría, un adulto desaparecía o se convertía en una persona gruñona y peleonera de la noche a la mañana. I really liked reading Hamish and the Worldstoppers and I was overjoyed when I heard that there is going to be a sequel. Ha sido una historia entretenida, con algún personaje entrañable, con una lectura fácil y directa (perfecta de 8-10 años) y con algún toque humorístico bastante simpático. Para mí la narración falla al inventarse tantas palabras, o hacer demasiadas uniones entre palabras solo para que suenen bien; llegando a resultar estrambótico en ocasiones y que no le veo sentido para primeros lectores, los cuales justamente creo que deben aprender vocablos correctos en base a la lectura.

I understand I can change my preference through my account settings or unsubscribe directly from any marketing communications at any time. Eine Bewertung hierzu ist mir jetzt relativ schwer gefallen, weil ich mit dem Genre einfach nicht (mehr) so vertraut bin und merke, dass es mir nicht so liegt. Durante las pausas todas las personas quedan petrificadas, Hamish cree que es el único niño de Starkley que queda despierto durante las Pausas, pronto que no es así y que hay una razón por la cual no es el único. La historia narra como Hamish Ellerby, un niño normal, nota que de repente existen unas pausas en el mundo, unos momentos en el que el mundo entero se queda petrificado. Web icon An illustration of a computer application window Wayback Machine Texts icon An illustration of an open book.

Hamish and the WorldStoppers : Danny Wallace (author Hamish and the WorldStoppers : Danny Wallace (author

asustó a Hamish pero nunca se lo contó a nadie, pero cuando sucedió de nuevo el miedo comenzó a disiparse y se convirtió en emoción por la aventura ¿cuántas cosas podrías hacer si todos a tu al rededor no pueden verlo? To celebrate the publication of Hamish and the WorldStoppers by Danny Wallace we have teamed up with Simon and Schuster to bring your Chatterbooks groups a brilliant new drawing competition. The story is well-paced and targets itself nicely at the intended audience without being super-obvious about it. This hilarious chapter book, with a fast-paced plot and dynamic black-and-white illustrations, is the first in a fabulously funny series that is perfect for junior readers. A fast-moving, hugely funny, uproarious and irreverent storyline will engage junior readers, especially boys.

Bristling with one-liners, it has an easy, unforced humour and a strong sense of excitement… Time freezing is a neat device and Wallace uses it skilfully to make almost anything seem possible. Hamish lives in Britain’s fourth-most boring town but life gets very exciting when one day Hamish notices that the whole world has stopped: planes; cars; people. Hamish can walk in the pauses and he thinks that he is the only person who can until he finds out about the Pause Defence Force (PDF).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop