Samyang AF 24-70mm F2.8 Autofocus Lens for Sony FE

Samyang AF 24-70mm F2.8 Autofocus Lens for Sony FE

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Impressive performance, Robust weather-sealed build & Half the price of Sony’s competitor Review by Matthew Richards On to using the lens itself, the first thing I noticed from the Tamron compared to the others was how light this lens is. At only 540g it is nearly half the weight of the Samyang and just over 300g lighter than the Sony. This made it very easy to carry and use. Equipped with a Custom Mode Switch, shooting and operation is more intuitive and simpler. You can easily select various functions such as Aperture Control Mode or MF Mode from the Switch and enjoy the shooting mode that suits your personal preference. Settings can be customised via the lens station (available separately) and more functions will be added through firmware updates in the future. If you need a 24-70 my recommendation stay the Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art (1200 euros) better in all areas (except video) for a price tag +33%

Samyang AF 24-70mm f/2.8 Auto Focus Full Frame Zoom Rokinon Samyang AF 24-70mm f/2.8 Auto Focus Full Frame Zoom

Optical construction is 17 elements in 14 groups, including 2 Aspheric, one Hybrid Aspheric, 3 HR (High Refractive index) and 3 ED (Extra-Low Dispersion). The coating is Samyang's well established UMC. For improved bokeh, the diaphragm comprises 9 blades. The lens is also weather-sealed. This was a tough one to choose as all four lenses do come with great build quality and all feel extraordinarily strong and sturdy. But I did find that out of all four lenses the Sigma just tipped the scales. The aesthetics of the Sigma and exceptional build from them make it the one I would recommend if you are wanting a nice looking and strong lens for your Sony Alpha. Slowly turn the zoom ring to the left (towards the wide-angle end) while using your upper body and arms to move the camera toward your subject.

Samyang 24-70mm F/2.8 AF Sony FE

The Samyang AF 24-70mm F2.8 FE lens has a metal lens mount. It accepts 82mm filters via metal threads. Having a slightly different focal length to the other lenses, the Tamron does have a narrower field of view, starting at 28mm and finishing at 75mm (32 - 75°). But I did not see a huge difference in this when using the lens, you can still get very much the same shots as you would with the other 24-70s. The lens itself was very sharp and gave edge-to-edge sharpness throughout the range of the zoom.

Samyang AF 24mm f/2.8 FE Review | ePHOTOzine Samyang AF 24mm f/2.8 FE Review | ePHOTOzine

The lens is constructed of 17 elements in 14 groups, including two aspherical elements, three high-refractive elements, three extra-low dispersion elements and a single ‘HB’ element. One element also features Samyang’s UMB coating for reduced ghosting and flares. Other features inlcude a nine-blade aperture diaphragm, an aperture range of F2.8 through F22, a minimum focusing distance of 35cm (1.15ft) and an 82mm front filter thread. The distortion of the Samyang and the Vignetting are the lowest of all, which is good but not a big advantage with current software and in body lens corrections One of the key advantage of the Samyang is its custom mode allowing to transform the focusing ring into an aperture ring. It is the only one of the 24-70 F2.8 offering this feature , a key plus for video. Note that the new Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III VXD G2 A063 is also offering this feature This lens does not feature optical image stabilisation, so it relies on the camera body's own built-in stabilisation, which is fine unless you're an owner of an early Sony Alpha camera. It's actually significantly heavier than both of its main rivals, the Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM (886g) and the Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art (830g).The focusing collar is fly-by-wire and is actually multi-function – its role determined by the Custom Mode switch on the side of the barrel. Out of the box, the two mode settings are for manual focus and manual aperture setting, but Samyang says that more options will be added with future firmware upgrades, presumably similar to the multi-function collars on Canon RF and Nikkor Z lenses. Custom Mode Switch allows different settings to be used which can be defined via the Samyang Lens Station, available separately

24-70mm lens for Sony Alpha Cameras? What is the best 24-70mm lens for Sony Alpha Cameras?

Having said that, I did find I enjoyed one lens the most and found the results most to my liking; the Sigma. Because of the lovely build quality, the extra aperture blades giving fantastic bokeh and depth of field in the photos, and all the same functionality as the other 3 at a reasonable price, I will say the Sigma to me is the best 24-70mm for Sony currently on the market. if you want the best option at similar price and are ready to sacrifice the 24mm , then the Sigma 28-70 F2.8 DG DN Contemporary is the best option at 50% of the weight Whereas the lenses we will be reviewing below can give the same results (if not better) than some dedicated prime lenses. Meaning yes, you can use a zoom lens for portraits or street photography with these options below. L’objectif est très lourd , plus que les équivalents Sony et Sigma, il est bien construit comme les autres Samyang mais pas mieux donc en dessous des Sony GM et Sigma ArtThe lens extends even further by almost 4cms when it's set to the 70mm focal length, with the shortest length at the 24mm focal length. Now you may be thinking, yes these all offer a zoom range of 24-70mm, apart from the Tamron with its unique 28-75mm, and yes, they all have a fixed fast aperture of F2.8 throughout the lens. But with all four being at such different prices for many of the same features what makes them unique from each other? To answer that let us have a look at the specs side by side: moins bons en terme de : piqué , qualité de construction, ergonomie, poids et taille, AF, formes des ronds de bokeh Par-Focal: This function maintains focus on the subject when zooming in and out. It is a feature optimised for video shooting and normally seen on very expensive cine zoom lenses.

Samyang AF 24-70mm f/2.8 Sony FE | LCE

In a nutshell, the zoom’s sharpness is very hard to fault and it’s also nicely contrasty without overdoing it. The sensor’s contribution notwithstanding, there’s great definition with lots of crisply-resolved detail. There’s real depth to the rendering too, and the smoothness of the transition from in-focus to out-of-focus is the mark of high quality optics.La performance pour les aberrations chromatiques est parmi les meilleures. Par contre la résistance au flare est juste dans la moyenne From a specifications perspective the Samyang is the heaviest and biggest of all the 24-70 zoom but also the cheapest. To achieve this price build quality is a bit lower and there are less buttons available.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop