Johnstone's One Coat Matt Emulsion Paint - Pure Brilliant White 2.5L

Johnstone's One Coat Matt Emulsion Paint - Pure Brilliant White 2.5L

RRP: £6.40
Price: £3.2
£3.2 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If you have messy children or excited dogs in the home getting their paws all over your paintwork then it would be a good idea to trade aesthetics for durability.

Supercover delivers remarkable coverage, capable of completely transforming dark hues with just two coats. I’ve personally used it to cover dark red and blue walls with ‘Swansong,’ an off-white shade, and the results were phenomenal. Opacity is truly top-notch, which contributes to its powerful coverage capabilities. On the other hand, if I’m painting over lighter colours, I would go with Covaplus because it’s a dream to apply. White Emulsion: Trade or Retail? For reasons of hygiene and safety, personal grooming products, cosmetics or items of intimate clothing cannot be returned. One Coat impresses with an advanced formula that ensures flawless results on all surfaces, including bare walls. It can even seamlessly cover a darker colour on a previously painted wall, which is a rather uncommon feature for a one-coat paint. White is one of the most popular colours used when decorating the home as it provides a clean, timeless and versatile look that can be used on any surface and in any occasion. This popularity and versatility is why there is an abundance of white emulsion paint available on the market, which can make it difficult to figure out exactly which one is best for the job you have. Whether you are painting a ceiling, a bathroom or need to prevent stains on your walls, there is a white emulsion paint that best suits you.

Product Attachments

I noted that Good Home’s White Emulsion is less flat than its previous version and slightly less opaque. However, it is more durable. While it’s a decent choice for retail gear and rental properties, I wouldn’t recommend it for personal use, particularly when compared to paints such as Johnstone’s Durable Matt. Ever since changing over to MacPherson Eclipse, there’s nothing else I’d consider using. Tikkurila AR2 is a quality white ceiling paint but it’s just too expensive considering Eclipse does the same job. Due to the fact that it’s mould resistant (I believe it contains a fungicide that inhibits the growth of mould), I would personally use this if your kitchen or bathroom struggles to extract moisture. I actually used this paint in my mother’s kitchen as she’s frequently boiling food on the hob and has a terrible extractor fan and it still looks great 3 years on.

MacPherson Eclipse is a flat emulsion that’s hugely popular with professional decorators with some refusing to use anything but this on ceilings. Finding the best white emulsion paint can help you totally transform your living space and in some cases even increase the value of your property. They offer a timeless, elegant look and are great for making your rooms look bigger as well as lighter. In my opinion, trade almost always trumps retail paint and that’s why 5 out of the 6 paints I’ve recommended in this guide are trade standard. All of the paints we will discuss in this guide are trade paints. You may be asking what exactly is a trade paint? Well, all major paint manufacturers have both a retail and a trade version of their emulsion paints. The trade paint version of these emulsions are higher quality, offer better opacity, are more durable and achieve a professional finish. If your walls don’t need frequent cleaning, you can choose something that looks better but it’s quite as durable.

Albany Supercover offers exceptional quality and coverage. Despite a few minor issues, it’s a worthwhile choice, especially for transformations involving light shades over dark colours. It was my go-to before Covaplus, and it certainly holds a premium standard in my book. I’ve tried plenty of retail paints out of curiosity and the consistency is usually so watery that it’s a nightmare to apply with all the splashes. Of course, because it’s so watered down, it can sometimes take 6 coats to cover dark colours.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop