Orly's Draw-A-Story

Orly's Draw-A-Story

RRP: £22.70
Price: £11.35
£11.35 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

MLA style: "Orly's draw-a-story.." The Free Library. 1997 Benjamin Franklin Literary & Medical Society, Inc. 29 Nov. 2023 https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Orly%27s+draw-a-story.-a019335630 In this game a Jamaican girl and her frog friend can have various adventures, but you have to draw parts of the story. It's brilliant. The five slabs on the wall are story choices. There's Never Enough Bass in Space". Electronic Gaming Monthly. No.105. Ziff Davis. April 1998. p.24. a b c "Orly's Draw-A-Story - Review". allgame. Archived from the original on November 15, 2014 . Retrieved 16 June 2009. Additional features within the game include "Make A Storybook" where the player can create their own series of scenes and type text to make up their own story, while there is also a "Doodle Pad" for practicing drawing skills. [4] Stories [ edit ]

Haughton, Emma (21 August 1999). "The 50 Best: How to boost your child's brainpower". The Independent. Archived from the original on 2022-05-24 . Retrieved 24 June 2009. Chicago style: The Free Library. S.v. Orly's draw-a-story.." Retrieved Nov 29 2023 from https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Orly%27s+draw-a-story.-a019335630 Orly's Draw-A-Story". The Atlanta Constitution. October 26, 1997. p.287 . Retrieved June 13, 2022– via Newspapers.com. Stories spring to life as children draw with Orly's Draw-A-Story". BNET. 14 January 1997. Archived from the original on 8 May 2011 . Retrieved 16 June 2009.

Gameplay Orly's Draw-A-Story

The animation goes over your drawing, the paint features stay within the drawn line exactly. There's music, dancing, funny comments about what you're drawing and the color you've just chosen. I had a hard time getting the program to play, because it was designed for Windows 95. It's a Broderbund production, more than ten years old. I actually worked/consulted on a joint project that went nowhere, around 1997, with one or more of the people responsible for this great production. Wow, I would love to get a chance to work with them now. Did any of you ever see this cd rom?

SuperKids software review of Orly's Draw a Story". superkids.com. SuperKids . Retrieved 15 June 2009. Orly's Draw a Story is a video game released in 1997 by Broderbund. The game won the 1998 Interactive Achievement Award for Computer Innovation. [1] The game is aimed at the 5-10 year old age-group and carries an age rating of 3+. [2] It was designed by ToeJam & Earl Productions and released by Broderbund. The main character Orly is voiced by Alreca Whyte. [3] Gameplay [ edit ] APA style: Orly's draw-a-story.. (n.d.) >The Free Library. (2014). Retrieved Nov 29 2023 from https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Orly%27s+draw-a-story.-a019335630 Each story has a unique storyline and the player is asked to design different objects and scenes for each one. This program was fun and easy to use. It's great for kids who like to make stories and pictures. We played with it for hours without needing any help from Mom or Dad. If we were grading it, we would give Orly's Draw-A-Story an A minus.a b "AISA Annual Awards -> 1st Annual Awards". interactive.org. AISA. Archived from the original on February 3, 2009 . Retrieved 15 June 2009. It focuses around the two main characters, Orly, an 8-year-old girl and her anthropomorphic talking frog friend Lancelot who lives in Jamaica. The game features four unique stories narrated by Orly. The player is able to illustrate each of the stories with their own paintings, either original drawings or using ready-prepared objects. As Orly tells the story the user is asked to create an item such as a friend for a flying monster or a birthday present to give to Orly.

I had the sound turned off when I drew this one, so I thought it was supposed to be just a head, not the whole monster. At the outset just the eyes and mouth were there on the blank paper.The best thing about Orly's Draw a Story is that when you draw a character, it does things. For example, when we put a toothbrush in a troll's mouth, the troll said, "Mmmm . . . that tastes good." When we poked the troll with a paintbrush, it said, "See if I care." Then when we poked it again, the troll said, "OK, so I do care." The stories are animated to act out what Orly is saying. Even when you write your own stories, they can be animated. We wrote one about bugs on a ship and a sea monster, and only one bug survived. You could choose the pencil or paint, colors from a silly panorama of paint pots, or textures. It was so easy to make sense of it all. Dinah was only 7 at the time and loved it too. Of course she was the target audience. We liked choosing pictures to add to our stories. The program has windows that open and close, and when you look into a window, you can choose the pictures you want to use. By looking at the pictures, you can also get ideas about what you want to write or draw. One thing we didn't like was that when we were drawing a picture, sometimes Orly forced it to be a certain way. For example, when we tried to make a triangular nose, Orly said, "Let me help you," and made it into a circle. Also, some of Orly's stories were too long.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop