Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey Sinatra Select, 1 L

Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey Sinatra Select, 1 L

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There is much more pep in each sip than I was expecting too with some barrel char, cinnamon and black pepper.

As I would expect, a lot of the trademark Jack notes can still be detected like vanilla, caramel, honey and toasted wood. As a quick aside, if you’re wanting to taste a product that uses the same types of grooved barrels – but for a fraction of the cost – check out Cooper’s Craft 100 Proof Bourbon. The head is put back on and the hoops are reattached and then the barrel is filled with 125 proof Jack Daniel’s Bourbo, err Tennessee Whiskey. Not much later in Sinatra’s life, Jackie Gleason supposedly introduced Sinatra to Jack at Toot Shor’s bar in New York, and it was a perfect match.The Sinatra Barrels are handcrafted with the addition of deep grooves on the inside of the barrel staves. One of the most talked about features of Sinatra Select is how the barrels have special grooves cut into the inside of the barrel. Very good, using words my friend whom bought it for says, he says Jack is his friend, this Sinatra says is dangerous, tastes too good. Here’s a picture of what that looks like (far right) next to a standard charred barrels (the ones on the left).

Does that mean that the power of a singer/crooner who died 25 years ago and whose last album came out 40 years ago really holds this much power? The spice on the palate was slightly too much (strange of me to say for a 90 proof whiskey) but I’m reducing its score because of that.It even manages to hold its own when served Sinatra-style, with three ice cubes (no more, no less) and a splash of water. It’s bold and flavorful, yet mellow enough to sip neat, and italso shines in classic cocktails like Old Fashioneds or Manhattans. Let’s get this out of the way – Jack Daniel’s Sinatra Select costs so much because of the special packaging and the name recognition of Frank Sinatra. Jack Daniel’s pays tribute to Ol’ Blue Eyes through their Sinatra Select Bold Smooth Classic Tennessee Whiskey. The finish also has a texture that it leaves in your mouth (different from the palate) that is more velvety than usual.

What I immediately find to be interesting is that rather than it just smelling like banana bread the whole time, I find some lively, fruity aromas like citrus peel and a little bit of cherry.

I do not personally believe that Sinatra Select is the best Jack has to offer but it’s also not the worst either. The smooth, bold character of the whiskey embodies the smooth, bold character of the man himself, Frank Sinatra. Featuring a higher proof and longer aging process than JD’s flagship whiskey, Sinatra Select is one of the finest bottles in the brand’s portfolio, whether sipped neat or “Sinatra-style,” with three ice cubes and a splash of water. It is different and does not rely solely on the overdone banana bread trope that so many other JD products are known for.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop