Happy: Why More or Less Everything is Absolutely Fine

Happy: Why More or Less Everything is Absolutely Fine

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Being a fan of Stoicism, I enjoyed the book and appreciate the memento mori and amor fati references. A year after Brown attended the class, he received a number of letters saying that he would receive another certificate, not for passing a test (as he discontinued practising NLP following the course), but for keeping in touch. A condensed version of the book, entitled A Little Happier: Notes for reassurance, was published on 15 October 2020. Very easy to listen to, he comes across as a nice person with a passion for his work and a lovely sense of humour. I did, however, have to reach for the dictionary on many occasions and so some parts of the book didn't flow as well for me as it might for someone with a greater vocabulary.

He often begins live performances by stating that his results are achieved through "magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection, and showmanship". It was the history, stories and anecdotes in the main book which drew me in, so it loses its heart if you take most of that out. The abnegation of empathy in the case of something as complex and variable as sexual taste is a dangerous thing. It is a wide-ranging book in which Brown reveals some of the techniques he uses in his performances, delves into the structure and psychology of magic and discusses hypnosis.

Cílem knihy je zejména nás naučit se na svět a štěstí dívat jinýma očima, jak zvládat úzkostné situace, jak uvažovat o chování jiných lidí, ale i tom tom svém a jak najít klid v duši. That same year, he appeared in a comedy sketch at the beginning of an 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Deal or No Deal special. Brown also mentions in Tricks of the Mind that NLP students were given a certificate after a four-day course, certifying them to practise NLP as a therapist.

Autor zde často odkazoval na již zmíněné představitele stoicismu, ale i na jiné osobnosti nebo autory.it instead merely cuts out the details of the first book that made it more engaging, almost creating a close minded tone on seemingly oversimplified views of its complex topics. An episode of Trick or Treat caused charity Cats Protection to complain and news reports to label Brown a "cat killer", after he appeared to convince someone to press a button even though they thought it would electrocute a kitten inside a metal box. In his 2006 book Tricks of the Mind, Brown wrote, "I am often dishonest in my techniques, but always honest about my dishonesty. I didn’t expect much when I first picked up this book, but wow am I amazed at how much my mentality changed after finishing it.

He states that this was based on his own coming of age and need to "surrender" his ego to the possibility of "transcending to something larger than the self. Brown travels to the United States and convinces five leading figures that he has powers in their particular field of expertise: Christian evangelism, alien abduction, psychic powers, New Age theories and contacting the dead. this book however functions more as a condensed summary of the main book, with an unexciting length of less than 100 pages.The author of EAT, PRAY, LOVE and BIG MAGIC joins the How To Academy podcast for an open-hearted conversation exploring all she has learned in her journey through life.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop