My Wild and Sleepless Nights: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER

My Wild and Sleepless Nights: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

as a busy mum myself I prefer to read something that overall lifts my mood and reminds me, overall, how really really lucky I am to be a mum.

She has a live in nanny and was able to just go off in a weekend away with her husband to rejuvenate her marriage.

She pulls no punches about the complex emotional space motherhood inhabits, both the extreme love and the extreme boredom. For Stroud, there is no question of an epidural: labour is and needs to be an extreme experience, which takes her to the brink of life and death, and “feels to me like the very reason I was put on this planet”. The title to be read and discussed is sign-posted and on sale for the whole of the previous month (with a discount for those who make it known they intend to come) and everybody is welcome, whether first-timer, part-timer or regular-timer.Já nevím, přijde mi to prostě jako špatné pořadí - proč si dělat děti, když miluje jen šestinedělí a pak je to pro ni peklo? Unflinching, brutally honest, just as Rachel Cusk's A Life's Work was and no book has been since, but with a wholly different tone and story to tell - this is a book for all mothers, from those just exploring the idea to those who have just given birth but also those whose children are beginning to leave: it is a lyrical, funny, painful, sexy, moving and consoling look at the tension that exists between wanting to be a good mother, while holding on to the person with all the desires and longings you had before. This is quite simply the best book about motherhood I have ever read : touching, tender, honest and true. And the love you have for your children can be a stressful, violent kind of love and I wish that was talked about more. Notice to Internet Explorer users Server security: Please note Internet Explorer users with versions 9 and 10 now need to enable TLS 1.

It is a highly personal and brave book, a look right inside their life and what it is really like to be a mother of a big family. I started reading slower as I got towards the end, as I just didn’t want to leave the company of this family. At the same time the book is in places hilariously funny and I laughed out loud many times, and at other times I felt tears coming as I read of her experiences and emotions. So I was somewhat nervous of reading the intensity of motherhood in this memoir: would I be further swayed one way or the other?It’s as if Stroud has reached into my head, lived my life for the last seven years and put it all down on paper into the most tender yet brutal memoir. At seven hours long, the audiobook was on the shorter side and I could happily have listened to another two hours at least. Ale možná jsem jen zbytečně kritická, určitě jsou tam i světlé momenty (aneb třeba se k tomu vrátím, až sama někdy budu mít děti).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop