Mrs Van Gogh: The breathtaking historical novel inspired by the true story of the woman who made Van Gogh famous

£4.995
FREE Shipping

Mrs Van Gogh: The breathtaking historical novel inspired by the true story of the woman who made Van Gogh famous

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Avrei preferito che il focus fosse più sulla lotta di questa donna coraggiosa, che sui due anni che costei ha passato insieme ai fratelli Van Gogh.

only a few years from Jo arriving in Paris, meeting and marrying Theo, having his child, the death of Vincent and then the death of her husband.The Storytime in Paris podcast will help keep this tradition alive with short interviews and readings from your favorite contemporary authors with a French connection. I’d heard about women like Camille Claudel and Berthe Morisot, but I really didn’t know much about them. Johanna arriving in Paris looks to pursue her own artistic desire but her mother's relentless design for her to marry becomes a problem to the point that a deadline is given. In August 1901, she married Johan Cohen Gosschalk (1873–1912), a Dutch painter ten years younger than she was.

Before I get in to the rest of my review, I just want give a quick mention to one small detail that I absolutely loved, which is that Caroline Cauchi titled every chapter (excluding the diary entries) with the name of a Van Gogh piece, which I thought was a very clever touch.The authors writing style was excellent, the story easy to follow and I thought the book flowed seamlessly. Author Caroline Cauchi details the time before and during Theo's and Jo's courtship through their very brief marriage and early deaths of both young men. Johanna, Vincent Van Gogh’s sister-in-law, wrote in her sketchbook just days after arriving in Paris, that she’d “hate to reach the end of her life and to never have achieved something that was great or even remarkable!

The brothers have a bit of a thing going on, Theo is a real flirt and has had many lovers but when he tires of them he passes them onto Vincent who with his drunkenness and inappropriate, often cruel comments the women move on. Jo is subject to various lewd advances and trickery by Vincent, which she makes worse by acting stupid. We are all aware that during Vincent’s lifetime, his art did not draw much attention yet upon his death, things began to take off.I happen to be a lover of Vincent Van Gogh's work and have read enough to know something of his sister-in-law Johanna and how she was instrumental in bringing Vincent’s work to the public.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop